• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

jealous bunnies?

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Ok never seen anyone mention this on the thread so i thought i'd just bring it up to make sure its normal :shock:

As many peoplemay know i got Ellie for Fiver on friday and they seem to be bonded. But whe i go over to give affection to Ellie, Fiver has to be in, jumping on my back, grooming me and generally getting in the way and doing ANYTHING to get attention.

I've never known people say that their bunny is jealous of them giving attention to another bunny o_O

I mean, i figured he'd be more interested in Ellie than me lmao!

Anyones thoughts would be really helpful thanx :)

My two are the same.
I cant give one affection with out the other running in and demaning my attention.

It was worse when I first got Delila. I used to bring her in my room and let her have a roam about on my bed. Oggie literally hated me, and ignored me for ages until I made such a fuss of him.

But now, they are bad as each other :D

Lopsie was on his own and he used to get sooo jealous of everything else. We looked after a friend's guinea pig and for a week he wouldn't go near her. He would turn his back to her but if we fussed her would come over and headbutt us.

And then there was the time my brother and sister found a strangely tame bumblebee. They were stroking it and stuff and he got jealous of that too!

hahaha! i knew he got jealous of people as anyone who was my "partner" he HATED! he charges and scrabbles at my current one. Although he is starting to accept her haha.

I just thought it was unusual for him to get jealous over Ellie lol.

He really is a spoilt bunny :roll:

Bailey is definately like this - he physically chases Bracken off even tho he loves her to death or will sulk madly if she gets my attention first.

When I fuss Sally Feegal barges in:lol::roll:

I just gently push him away with a finger. He gets the hint:)

haha awww bless. this is eally cute :)

Fiver growls at me if i push him away..or he looks really insulted lmao!

Bunnies are really so amazing lol. I love learning new behaviours and things..even though i've had Five a year, he's still teaching me things lol :)

yup i get this well mine more touch my husbun or you die:shock: carrie will sometimes attack big@s too for it, but one day he had enough so he bopped her one, if i had the camera at that moment the look of shock on her face was classic,,

rosie has always been the same ever since the day we got her, she met mitzi i gave them both a carrot, she took her carrot and hid it under blanket and kept looking incase he took it, though he was never greedy and knew it was hers :lol:

rosie has always been the same ever since the day we got her, she met mitzi i gave them both a carrot, she took her carrot and hid it under blanket and kept looking incase he took it, though he was never greedy and knew it was hers :lol:

That's brilliant! Rosie is such a little imp! :love::love:

theo the odd time has pushed my hand away from ted whilst i've been petting her, he sometimes rest his head on her as well watching where my hand pets her. but theo isn't fussed on me petting him, i think he's i'm gonna hurt teddy. which is really sweet he's protective of her.

Lola loves Lucy but she hates me fussing Lucy - she chases her back into their crate then hops in to give her a grooming as if to say "Your my biatch"!!!

My Jose's the same, she gets really jealous whenever i talk or fuss Rainbow. She comes over and tries to get her head in under my hand so that I stroke her too :roll:

Rainbow doesnt get jealous, he's too lazy to come to me when i'm fussing Jose :lol:

My Jose's the same, she gets really jealous whenever i talk or fuss Rainbow. She comes over and tries to get her head in under my hand so that I stroke her too :roll:

Rainbow doesnt get jealous, he's too lazy to come to me when i'm fussing Jose :lol:

hahaha thats exactly what Fiver does. So i end up stroking them both at the same time :roll:

Ellie couldn't give a conker.. she only hops over if i have food :roll: greedy girl :D

And HOW!!!
Ever since a baby he's been jealous if I spend too much time on the 'phone (speaking to the wall) & would cut me off. Same with the internet cable. He NEVER bothers with cables unless I'm "attached" to them for too long!!

I fostered a tortoise, anticipated trouble, & virtually ignored the tortoise once he was in his garden house. Thumper saved up a bustin' bladder full & emptied it in my lap at 3.00AM It was the 1st. & only time he's come on my bed in the middle of the night.

I can't be cross - just went to a cordless 'phone, sorted the internet better, & can't help but laugh. "His bonded companion is being unfaithful. Get rid of the competition in true buck fashion!!"

And HOW!!!
Ever since a baby he's been jealous if I spend too much time on the 'phone (speaking to the wall) & would cut me off. Same with the internet cable. He NEVER bothers with cables unless I'm "attached" to them for too long!!

I fostered a tortoise, anticipated trouble, & virtually ignored the tortoise once he was in his garden house. Thumper saved up a bustin' bladder full & emptied it in my lap at 3.00AM It was the 1st. & only time he's come on my bed in the middle of the night.

I can't be cross - just went to a cordless 'phone, sorted the internet better, & can't help but laugh. "His bonded companion is being unfaithful. Get rid of the competition in true buck fashion!!"

sorry judy but :lol: bless him:oops:

Yep, I wasn't too pleased about having to change my bed at that hour. :oops: But couldn't help laughing when I realized I'd "asked for it" in a way.

i've not had that from eric - yet - but he's 1 in a week's time so maybe he'll start getting all grow'd up:D

i've not had that from eric - yet - but he's 1 in a week's time so maybe he'll start getting all grow'd up:D

I reckon you'll be OK poppymoon. It's never been "scenting" = "I love you" behaviour with Thumps, rather the exact opposite. He only sprays me when he's very angry with me indeed. He sees off magpies that way too. Funny it's so rude in English.
A whole lap full - I really had put his nose out of joint in a big way. :lol::lol:

haha omg! i'm so glad Fiver has never beenso angry he has peed on me yet! Had plenty of thumps and growls and scrabbles lol. He attacks my buttons on my pj's when he gets ignored lmao! He's destroyed a few pairs by breaking the buttons :roll:

Back