• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau's tummy... UD still not eating or pooing

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
...should I be worried? His poos are also really small, like peppercorn size, but he's eating fine, particularly hay, and drinking plenty too :?

Last edited:
he eaten something he's not used to?

My bunny did this when i introduced him to veg for the first time. His tummy wasn't used to it and so i just stopped giving him any and he was fine.

How old is your bun?

he eaten something he's not used to?

My bunny did this when i introduced him to veg for the first time. His tummy wasn't used to it and so i just stopped giving him any and he was fine.

How old is your bun?

No, nothing new. Him and his new wife have just got back from bonding, and Caroline (who did the bonding) said she was concerned about his lack of poo/size of poo, so he's been having recovery mix.

It may just be adjusting back to being at home, or from the stress of it all, so I don't really want to whisk him off to the vet if that's gonna stress him more. And he's eating and everything.

He's about 16 months

well i'd make sure he is eating hay :)

If he doesn't seem in pain then i wouldn't whisk him to the vet. Just my opinion. I wouldn't risk more stress by going to the vets unless i seriously believe they need to go.

If in a few hours he starts to deteriorate (getting lethargic, o pooing at all, no eating/drinking) then i would deffinately get him to the vets.

Keep a close eye on him :)

well i'd make sure he is eating hay :)

If he doesn't seem in pain then i wouldn't whisk him to the vet. Just my opinion. I wouldn't risk more stress by going to the vets unless i seriously believe they need to go.

If in a few hours he starts to deteriorate (getting lethargic, o pooing at all, no eating/drinking) then i would deffinately get him to the vets.

Keep a close eye on him :)

I'll be going to bed soon :? I'm not concerned, he doesn't seem to be in pain and is eating hay, greens and plantain. It's just odd that his tummy has never made these noises before.

Sounds like gas. Have you got any infacol? Flopsy gets this sometimes but she also goes off her food with it

Has he been vaccinated in the last few weeks?

Quite often they can go a bit "off" a few weeks after their vaccs...

Just had a good massage of his tummy, and can feel it swooshing about, definitely think it's gas, is there anything I can give him that I might have in the house?

hmm i dont know. If it was me i'd keep an eye on him. it doesn't sound urgent but could easily get that way :shock:

I can't sleep when i know my buns might be ill lol :roll: Although i have them in my room (very convenient for keeping an eye on them :))

hmm i dont know. If it was me i'd keep an eye on him. it doesn't sound urgent but could easily get that way :shock:

I can't sleep when i know my buns might be ill lol :roll: Although i have them in my room (very convenient for keeping an eye on them :))

I did that last time he had stasis, 3 times he woke me up by sitting on my face! :roll:

Just had a good massage of his tummy, and can feel it swooshing about, definitely think it's gas, is there anything I can give him that I might have in the house?

If you don't have anything in, i think the best you can do is to make sure he carries on eating and pooing. It might help giving his tummy some rubs and getting him to run about because that can help it pass :)

Still NO poops! :cry::cry: Have had to come to work as was off yesterday, work miles from home, OH doesn't have a car so couldn't take him to vet. I feel so helpless and guilty. My poor boy.

...should I be worried? His poos are also really small, like peppercorn size, but he's eating fine, particularly hay, and drinking plenty too :?

Hi!! i had this with my mr frank once he was really quiet and deffo not himself! so we braught him into the house after a good old drink he came round looking lively but we noticed he had rumbly noises after about an hour he started eating hay just hay to this day we still dont know what it was but put it down to a little constipation:) he should be fine hun! GET WELL SOON:wave:

Back from the vet, verdict: empty tummy! So not constipated. So we've gotta try and get recovery into him little and often. Also have zantac and firbreplex. It's good to know what's up...

....but that's not the best bit! The vet and the vet nurse both commented to both me and OH (we went in seperately, don't ask :roll: ) that they were so affectionate and closely bonded :D:love:

Aaaah brill, he was probably just all a bit nervous about all the changes, and is starting to relax again now he's back home where he's familiar :)

:( He's not eating or pooing, again :cry:

i think i've missed a lot of goings on during my absence - beau has a woman:shock:

sorry to hear his tum's playing up again. won't his fave's tempt him? even those cookie things? how is he around his lady? relaxed?

Back