• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Photos - Tips please on taking a good photo

attilathebun

Mama Doe
I have been admiring the gorgeous photos that many of you post here and on the rescue websites and am at a loss to know why I just can't seem to get photos of my group looking that good.

Admittedly, my rabbits rarely seem to just stretch out and relax for they are always on the move at break neck speed. But even when they were out on the grass during the lovely autumn weather we had all I seem to photograph is the backs of heads and bums.

I am now fostering two lovely black lops but the photos I have taken today just show up as a mass of black with no defining features.

I need help. Is there a David Bailey in the house please? :)

choose your background well ...dark bunnies need a light background ..but not white .. ;)..i have a "magic" light blue fleece...in the right light it works brill :D

try to take pictures in natural light....if your camera is anything like mine it has more than a few problems regarding detail (or lack of) in low or artifical light (i've also found the camera is 'faster' in natural light...it doesn't take so long to focus)

my only other tip would be keep snapping. i usualy take anywhere up to 30 or 40 pictures at a time and end up with maybe two or three really good ones.

I never use a flash, always use natural light (especially when photographing black or white bunnies).. I even photograph my indoor bunnies outside. You need a camera thats quite quick at taking pictures (once the card starts getting full my camera takes longer getting photos) because obviously bunnies move alot. My camera has a 'sport' setting great for moving pictures. You just need to sit around and wait for a good pose, i usually end up taking loads of photos and only get one for two decent ones.

hay.jpg

:wave:

Back