• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home available for special needs girly bun

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I have a space free for a female rabbit to live with Dominic (5-6yo male). They will have half of a large indoor 'rabbit room' (my oldies Winston and Pootle inhabit the other half)

Any rabbits will be considered, and I'm open to rabbits with any health problems...dental problems, abscesses, etc.

I'm not in any rush, so can folks keep me in mind if they hear about a suitable rabbit?

What about the one Kris has just taken in thats 8 years old :? If you take her it means I can offer our space to one of the other bunnies I have been asked to take in the last couple of days. Kris has recently posted pictures :love:

What about the one Kris has just taken in thats 8 years old :? If you take her it means I can offer our space to one of the other bunnies I have been asked to take in the last couple of days. Kris has recently posted pictures :love:

Brilliant idea, she's gorgeous :love:

I was planning on a girly with more special needs, but will definitely keep her in mind :D

I've had a run of very good luck with rabbits who've come here recently and they've either made a full recovery or needed less care than I expected.

I meant does the rabbit that the OP is looking to take on need to be neutered.

No, not necessarily. I have an un-neutered female house rabbit and a couple outdoors too. I don't really want a female who is too territorial/aggressive though because she'll have to share a room with other rabbits

I was planning on a girly with more special needs, but will definitely keep her in mind :D

I've had a run of very good luck with rabbits who've come here recently and they've either made a full recovery or needed less care than I expected.

But surely thats a good thing:D. It sounds like Kris's bunny is used to a pampered life and I am just concerned if she comes here with so many other special bunnies she will not get as much attention as she is used to :?

It would be such a shame for the end of her life not to be as good as the last 8 years :)

But surely thats a good thing:D. It sounds like Kris's bunny is used to a pampered life and I am just concerned if she comes here with so many other special bunnies she will not get as much attention as she is used to :?

It would be such a shame for the end of her life not to be as good as the last 8 years :)

The one thing she won't get from me is attention unfortunately :(

she would get plenty of attention with us, my main concern is that she sounds like she is used to being free range most of the time and that is where we would have to compromise. She would have to take turns with other bunnies especially at this time of year when the indoor ones aren't able to go outside:?

Yeah, I work full time and have 20 buns to care for. I have to rely on the buns keeping each other company. I'll definitely keep her in mind though!

Personally I would have thought a dental/abscess bunny would take more time. The ones we have here take an awful lot of attention, cleaning out the abscesses, making extra meals or feeding sperately, vets visits etc.

Personally I would have thought a dental/abscess bunny would take more time. The ones we have here take an awful lot of attention, cleaning out the abscesses, making extra meals or feeding sperately, vets visits etc.

That's true, but I already have to make different meals for the dental/abscess buns (soaking pellets, grating veg, etc), and I'm a dab hand at medicating a bun before it even realizes what's going on :lol:

What I meant is that I don't have much (if any) quality time to spend with the buns, so a rabbit who has been used to lots of human attention is probably going to feel abandoned here, especially if it turned out that she didn't get on with any of the other buns.

I've been PM'd of a rabbit with a jaw abscess which looks like a possibility, but we could always discuss who takes which rabbit when we've got more info? :?:

I have Baby, a female netherland dwarf (about a year old) with a respiratory problem that desperately needs to be separated from her current partner. The vet believes her to be unneutered (he can't find any scar markings/tissue to suggest a spay), and as she currently is, cannot be spayed until her health is improved.

The stressful behaviour between her and her partner at the moment is not helping either rabbits conditions. I really need to get these two rabbits separated asap so they can receive and benefit from the medical treatment.

Back