• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bungles treatment

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Well it came to £187 in total so not quite as bad as I thought. Here is the break down;

Consultation £90
GA £29
Stitch wound £50

Drugs;
0.26ml domitor £5.44
0.06ml Torbugestic 65p
0.2ml Narketan 10 93p
I assume these are part of the GA?
0.3ml Metaclop £1.30
0.3ml Baytril injected £4
10ml Baytil dispensed £5

The stitch wound part I think is expensive since he told me it had taken him 5 minutes!!! I wouldnt mind earning £10 a minute! lol

Well it came to £187 in total so not quite as bad as I thought. Here is the break down;

Consultation £90
GA £29
Stitch wound £50

Drugs;
0.26ml domitor £5.44
0.06ml Torbugestic 65p
0.2ml Narketan 10 93p
I assume these are part of the GA?
0.3ml Metaclop £1.30
0.3ml Baytril injected £4
10ml Baytil dispensed £5

The stitch wound part I think is expensive since he told me it had taken him 5 minutes!!! I wouldnt mind earning £10 a minute! lol

:shock: Me neither!

Could have been worse couldn't it, phew!

Yes domitor & narketan are anaesthetic induction agents, torbugesic is an opiate painkiller.

With the £50 for stitches, remember though that you're not just paying for him for that 5 minutes, you're paying for the operation prep, induction of anaesthetic which takes time, recovery, someone to be monitoring the anaesthetic, nurse there monitoring him through anaesthetic and recovery etc, cost of all the equipment etc, it's a lot more complex than just a base rate of £10 a minute.

Glad he's doing ok :)

that's a fair old cocktail of drugs - yum! :lol: how's he doing?

He is much brighter today thanks. Busy bouncing all over my living room at the minute! The vet said he was amazed at how quickly he came round from his GA. He was called out to another emergency so took Bungle in the van with him as he didnt want to leave him at the surgery and he said he was bounding about in his carrier after 15 minutes!

He is much brighter today thanks. Busy bouncing all over my living room at the minute! The vet said he was amazed at how quickly he came round from his GA. He was called out to another emergency so took Bungle in the van with him as he didnt want to leave him at the surgery and he said he was bounding about in his carrier after 15 minutes!

Go Bungle!:D

Back