• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so angry!!!!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Ive collected Teddy from the vets, they quoted me £60 on the phone and specifically said that included drugs and pain relief to take home. When I went to pay they said thats £106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I complained and they discounted £6 off which helps alot (NOT) and said sorry you were quoted without the pain relief to which i replied thats why i asked if it was included!! Its all very well saying that now they have doent eh procedure and i have no choice but to pay. Im seriously broke now, merry christmas hey. :(

Ive collected Teddy from the vets, they quoted me £60 on the phone and specifically said that included drugs and pain relief to take home. When I went to pay they said thats £106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I complained and they discounted £6 off which helps alot (NOT) and said sorry you were quoted without the pain relief to which i replied thats why i asked if it was included!! Its all very well saying that now they have doent eh procedure and i have no choice but to pay. Im seriously broke now, merry christmas hey. :(

Jeez what pain relief did they give him that costs £40 :shock:

Have you already paid? If not, DON'T!

They quoted you £60, you accepted and took him in for the treatment. Verbal Contract. They cannot now unilaterally vary the terms of that verbal contract.

My vet always gives a quote with a breakdown of what is included with a final total as they like to agree a price before carrying out anything.

I think you should say you have taken some legal advice, and you want £40 back. They had no right to charge you that. :evil:

Jeez what pain relief did they give him that costs £40 :shock:

The extra is Domitor, Torbugesic inj, vetalar 100mg, antisedan, metacam inj, zantac inj, marbocyl and lidocaine inj. Then I have a bottle of metacam for the nest couple of days :?

a bottle of metacam wouldn't be included in a normal routine neuter, but surely the quoted £60 includes pain relief?!!

:shock: can't believe they had the cheek to charge you £106!!

The extra is Domitor, Torbugesic inj, vetalar 100mg, antisedan, metacam inj, zantac inj, marbocyl and lidocaine inj. Then I have a bottle of metacam for the nest couple of days :?

Is that a long list of meds or is it just me???

I'd be complaining to the practice manager or senior vet ...thats not on at all if they quote a price thts what you chould be charged.

eta ....I pay £48 for a neuter and that includes all meds used ,its a fixed price.

My vet always quotes me way less that it actually amounts to. For Lola's first dental we were quoted £100 exactly it came to £135, the second we were quoted £120 and it came to £230 :shock:..and that was after everything had changed so we couldn't do anything about it. Both those dentals were within 3 weeks of each other, so I'm officially skinted too. The only good thing is my baby is ok now, well if it wasn't for the people on this forum.

bah vets sometimes!

Just spoken to the practise manager and have been told to put it in writing, i the lady that quoted me the price is the practise partners wife!!!!

Good luck with your complaint. I hope you get a refund after they have investigated it.

Perhaps for some extra ammo to throw at them before you write, it would be worth getting someone to ring up your vets to ask for a quote & confirm what the quote includes.

My vet always quotes me way less that it actually amounts to. For Lola's first dental we were quoted £100 exactly it came to £135, the second we were quoted £120 and it came to £230 :shock:..and that was after everything had changed so we couldn't do anything about it. Both those dentals were within 3 weeks of each other, so I'm officially skinted too. The only good thing is my baby is ok now, well if it wasn't for the people on this forum.

bah vets sometimes!

Glad its not only me who had bunnies driving the bank nuts! I had 2 dentals on Cherry in October, and Im still skint!

As for OP. Definately put it in writing. If they do nothing take it higher, they can't be that out on a quote. Would you take it from a mechanic or a builder, I think not!

Back