• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so scared

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
I phoned the vet just now to see if Ginger's come round from his dental OK. They receptionist said the vet will 'phone me back'. I'm so, so scared. I just know something has happened. :cry:

I phoned the vet just now to see if Ginger's come round from his dental OK. They receptionist said the vet will 'phone me back'. I'm so, so scared. I just know something has happened. :cry:

Maybe she just couldn't find someone to tell you how it went? Or maybe they are running late and he isn't back round yet.

Did she say when he would call?

they were probably just busy hun, if something went wrong you would of been the first to know

My vets often say this as theres normally something they need to explain, last time it was to tell me Jazz's teeth were a bit worse than usual.
I'm sure everything will be ok.

They said exactly that to me after Doogies operation, the vet phoned back to say it had been a success, just wanted to explain what exactly was wrong and how he'd fixed it, so try not to worry.

The vet probably was on another call. All receptionists are allowed to say is if they can be discharged i think, anything else the vet has to say/explain.

My vets have done that a few times and ive been in tears, convinced something bad has happened... but the vets were just busy.

Dont worry :wave:

Hope Gingers ok - as the others have said - the vet probably has something to explain to you - update us when you can x

I've had this most times with my animals :( not helpful but normally for me its meant the vet is in surgery with another or a client ;)

Last time we went to pick Lola up we were actually at the surgery and we were waiting to pick her up, we were sat in the waiting room then the nurse came around the corner and said 'have you spoke to a vet already about Lola?' and me and Jay almost pooed ourselves we were so scared! :shock:

I'm sure everything is fine, if ever anything does happen they would ring you first. *hugs*

I'm sure if anything had happend they would have called you straight away. Bet Ginger will be home soon :)

Rabswood

I've had this often, it's always just meant the receptionist wasn't able to find out, or that the vet was still working on my bun.

But you might want to mention how worried you were, so that they can change how they do it in future ie say "I'll phone you back later because (reason)"

hoep he's ok :)

He's OK!!! :D

I waited 45 nail-biting minutes (they said the vet would phone 'in a few moments'!) before I gave up waiting and rang again. The nurse I spoke to then said he was undergoing the procedure then. Just phoned now and spoke to Katie. She said he's still very sleepy but she's bringing him and Pickle home tonight!! :D She said the spurs were pretty bad and had started to make his mouth sore, but on the up side all the nurses commented on how much better he was looking, weight wise! She's going to weigh them both before bringing them home to see exactly what's going on there anyway.

I spent all afternoon crying and certain it was going to be worst-case-scenario, but I'm so, so happy now! Remind me never to have kids if this is what having rabbits does to me - my blood pressure must be through the roof!

MY GINGER BUN'S COMING HOME!!!!!!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Back