• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Standard' Hutch Dimensions

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Whilst there appears to be more hutches of 6ft in length why are so many of them no more than 2ft in height :?

Whilst there appears to be more hutches of 6ft in length why are so many of them no more than 2ft in height :?

I dunno...but I personally wouldn't buy one taller than 2ft because they let more rain in. Although I do remember seeing a huge hutch which was about 2ft at the front and sloped up to 3ft high at the rear...which is quite a good idea :D

I dunno...but I personally wouldn't buy one taller than 2ft because they let more rain in. Although I do remember seeing a huge hutch which was about 2ft at the front and sloped up to 3ft high at the rear...which is quite a good idea :D

we've got these - they are from Forsham arks.

Because most rabbits kept as pets are smaller breeds? Mine are half wild so are quite small and 2ft high is enough for them to be able to stand up on their back legs and stretch out.

IMHO I think 2' is fine, unless we are talking giant breeds but then you hardly expect standard hutches to fit unstandard rabbits. The hutch represents the nice sheltered area rabbits like with plenty of cover. If you go taller than 2' it undermines that. Rabbits have (or should have) runs that give them plenty of open space and height.

Back