• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How does it get this bad!

River

Warren Scout
I can tell this must be an older bun who's probably never eaten properly or been examined properly in his or her life, but SERIOUSLY! How do you see this and think everything is totally okay?

203_greenfield_rabbit_203x152.jpg

:shock::shock::shock: How on earth does a bunny get in that state??? Surely someone would notice the white things coming out of its mouth:?:

What is this buns story? How old etc etc?

:shock::shock::shock: How on earth does a bunny get in that state??? Surely someone would notice the white things coming out of its mouth:?:

What is this buns story? How old etc etc?

problem is....the bunny won't have a story!! No one gave a flying f*** about it!

One of my buns, Spike, is one of the ones rescued from this horrendous place. I guess that helps you understand my paranoia when my cheeky, adorable buns teeth issues cause him problems again.

By the way,
The bun who's photo you've shown is Wally (named by me as I was at the Rescue when he came in and said he looked like a walrus with those teeth:( ). Wallys story was different from the Wantage/Oxford buns, but still very, very distressing :(

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! That's awful :cry: My Daphne has teeth issues that I've only just noticed :oops: (long story) and I felt awful but compared to poor Wally, her problems are nothing. I'm amazed he could eat at all. :cry:

Does anyone know if Wally's still alive? Is he available for rehoming?

thank goodness they are now safe
If love and rab vibes could make them better then they would be

venice

Oh my goodness! That's awful :cry: My Daphne has teeth issues that I've only just noticed :oops: (long story) and I felt awful but compared to poor Wally, her problems are nothing. I'm amazed he could eat at all. :cry:

Does anyone know if Wally's still alive? Is he available for rehoming?

:( Sadly passed away. He was rehomed and put up a very brave fight for life :( Here's a pic of him in happier times... he was such a snuggle bun
DSC00382.jpg

Last edited:
I remember Wally:(

I didn't know Kermit had dental problems before you got him. You gave him such a happy life.

That pic and story has just made me feel so sick. I have no words that can explain the disgust I feel. :evil:

Oh Lord, I am actually blubbing. That's horrific. I hate to think of the poor little mites, it's that they must feel so unloved that really gets me, oh God, here I go again :cry::cry::cry:

Back