• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The cost of taking in rabbits...

Veronica

Mama Doe
I recently offered to help a fellow RU member by taking on four rabbits that were desperately needing rehoming. Ange was devastated at having to rehome her bunnies, but it was a situation that wasn't optional.

I was aware that these bunnies needed medical assistance, two of which had been (and still are) suffering with a prolonged condition of snuffles.

Just a little warning to those people who are taking in free ad bunnies or bunnies from folks you don't know. I have spent already a few hundred pounds on trying to sort these four bunnies into good health (particulary the two with snuffles). These two bunnies are far from recovery yet, so I know they will continue to need further treatment at further costs.
I was warned of their condition, and warned they need treatment. I guess the point of this thread is to warn others who do not know the full extent of health conditions of bunnies they take on, that it can and does entail a lot of expense....and moreso...time, worry and energy in treating them.

I so admire rescues for doing this every day and with every bun they get handed to them.

Back