• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grim's breed - didn't want to hijack other thread

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I've always assumed that Grim was a frenchie, he's definitely not a dwarf lop because his legs are huge. He scrunches up nice and small, but when he's stretched out he's got to be about 3 foot long.

But after looking at the rabbit breeds thread, I think his face looks more like the German Lop. What do you think?

I've tried to get pictures from all angles.

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

SP_A0333.jpg

Bunnylove.jpg

S7000258.jpg

As you've probably noticed, I haven't a clue!

So nothing constructive but wanted to say he is gorgeous!! His colour is really striking:)

Dwarf lops are actually quite big, they're dwarf compared to french lops, not dwarf like netherland dwarves, from the pictures, that's exactly what he looks like to me :D

Hmmm....
Anyone know the weights of the average sized Dwarf Lop, French Lop and German Lop. I'm gonna have a scout on Google. His back legs are very hare-like but I haven't got a good enough picture. The one with Simba (the lionhead) is the best but half of them are missing.

D'oh, found the info I wanted:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/breeds.asp

Last edited:
hmm.. his ears seem too short for a frenchie, and I have never seen that colour in the breed either? (which is very nice, may I add!)

Frenchies average weight is usually 5/6kgs, sometimes bigger! :wave:

deffo looks a dwarfie to me....almost same colour as my mums dwarf lop.
His head and face arent boxy or flatish like most lops so maybe hes a cross? normal up eared bun with a dwarf lop.

dwarfs are huge...its misleading as you think theyre small...and i had a very large dwarfie doe years ago!!

frenchies ear length and carriage are the give away in their breed or crossbreed.

They can kinda move them a bit forward when nosey or exicted etc.....but nots tick them out and forward lke a dwarf lop can.
again isnt a german lop in possession of a rounder face and head?

it doesnt matter cos yuve got one beautful bunster:love:

I can't help it I just love lops. :mrgreen:

I reckon he's probably a dwarf cross then. Got to get a good picture of his back legs.

Is he that big?? Teddy is currently 4kg i think! He looks very Dwrf lop to me, my saffy was a big girl though and she was a dwarf.... although no where near as big as Teddy.

Back