• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed of rabbits...

Candiflare

Mama Doe
has the veletvety-like fur? I'm trying to describe Buzz on Rabbit Rehome, as he has got that "clipped" look (see below) and I was wondering if it had a name?

DSC02899.jpg

It's Rex's that are famous for their 'velvet' fur, but to me he doesn't look like one! I'm not an expert though - it's Jacks-Jane you want!

Rexes are the ones with velvety fur but I'm not sure if Buzz is one, the fur on his face looks much too long - do you have any other pics?

A lovely mixture :oops:

He's definitely not a rex but you're right that his fur looks "clipped", I wonder if he could have a bit of rex in him? :? I don't really know how these things work though so that might be nonsense.

Love him though, he has such a cheeky face :love:

Has he actually been clipped in the past? It looks like the soft fur you get underneath the guard hairs when you clip them.

I don't know if he's been clipped... good question... his previous owner might have done?

Astrex bunnies look gorgeous! Maybe he's got a bit of Astrex in him! He'll like the sound of that... rather exotic!

Back