• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much would you expect to pay....

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
for an emergency consult, GA and for a wound to be stitched? I need to be prepared for when I ring and find out how much my vet bill was for yesterday!

Bare in mind my vets are ridiculously over priced. A NON emergency consult, GA, xray, ultrasound and cremation cost £300 at my vets and a female bunny spay is £120.

I am hoping its no more than £300 or I am going to be screwed!!!

If it's any help, an emergency appointment i had was £120 just for walking through the door! I think it would be about £250.

Really hope it's not too much money but it had to be done hun :roll:;)

Alvins overnight stay at the emergency vets cost just over 300 quid :shock:

i think it was about £90 quid just to be seen and the rest was medication and hospitilization fees... did they not give you a rough esitmate? your lucky you havent had to pay yet, when i went to pick up Alvin i wouldnt of got him back unless i paid in full and i had to pay a 150 quid deposit when he was admitted

i would say you sould expect a bill about 300-400

Thanks. When Snow cut her chin they didnt charge me the emergency as it was only an hour past closing but this time they had to since it was 5.30pm on a sat!

They never make you pay when you collect them. I usually just call in a few days later to settle my bill.

What time was it?

The first time I used the vet out of hours the set emergency fee was £90, the nexxt time it was only £30 cos it was before 6 on a saturday :)

What time was it?

The first time I used the vet out of hours the set emergency fee was £90, the nexxt time it was only £30 cos it was before 6 on a saturday :)

It was 5.30pm on a Saturday. I dont know if they do different rates. The surgery closes at 12pm and they said when I rang that it would be the emergency rate.

Sheeesh! You still at Minster vets?

The vax prices are great but the rest is a joke. Glad I'm back up North with my regular vet prices :lol:

Sheeesh! You still at Minster vets?

The vax prices are great but the rest is a joke. Glad I'm back up North with my regular vet prices :lol:

Yep im still at Minster! They are ridiculously over priced but luckily one of the vets is very nice to me and doesnt charge me for Snowdrop anymore! I use one in Newark for routine ops as they are cheaper and better but they dont do their own emergency service so I didnt have an opinion but to use Southwell!

Jester's trip to emergency vets the other week was only £90ish, but that was just a consultation plus metacam and metaclop. Including the taxi fares we paid £140 ... ouch!

We recently paid £100ish for Beau to be hospitalised for 2 nights, have GA and burrs done, and metacam baytril zantac etc.

We recently paid £100ish for Beau to be hospitalised for 2 nights, have GA and burrs done, and metacam baytril zantac etc.

That's brilliant!!

Obviously not the bun being hospitalised but that price is great!

Even my vets, which is very reasonable i think - charged £80 for a checkup, antibiotics and blood tests!

Woah, that's fantastic money-wise.

Lola's last dental with x-rays and 3month supply of duphapen,zantac,maxolon , vetergesic and a large bottle of metacam set up back £230.00 :(..and she didn't even stay in overnight >.<

Back