• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think my Buttons needs a dental!

dayle_x

Mama Doe
He has started losing weight and doesn't seem interested in his pellets much anymore
He was a rescue from a breeder, and really doesn't eat much hay at all!
Off to the vets in the morning, hope he will be ok !

Poor thing! I can totally sympathise with this as both my rabbits are dental buns - Ginger's having his 4th tomorrow. The dental should make him feel much better though, if that's what it is. Good luck!

None of my buns have ever had a dental before. What are they like after it? is there anything special i will need to do?

Took him to the vets tonight.. he has spurs and is booked in for a dental on wednesday
then i have to try fatten him up!

Well, at least you know it's something that can be controlled. You said he doesn't like hay - will he eat Timothy Herbage? That's the only stuff my fussy pair will look at, but they wolf it down! :roll:

Have some packets of recovery ready, just in case he needs them after his dental. It's best to get him to eat it from the bowl as syringing may hurt his sore mouth.

Good luck!

Back