• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Bunny Housing...

Ideally for big buns a decent sized shed, with attached garden would be best for an outdoor bun... or a big dog crate or NIC cube housing indoors. You thinking for indoor or outdoor? I can post pictures of all my sheds tomorrow, if thats any use?

hint hint nudge nudge ;)

heres my pairs enclosure! Its a 15ft x 4ft alley way thing, and its been converted into their housing! Its got corugated plastic sheets on top to stop the rain coming in, and has a barn door on the front. Its not much, but its so practical, and it keeps the weather out, and keeps them warm and dry. On top of that, its a million times better than a hutch for a giant, and they only get locked in there at night :)

IMG_8844.jpg

its an old picture when Oscar was younger... he looks soo small there :shock:

Ideally for big buns a decent sized shed, with attached garden would be best for an outdoor bun... or a big dog crate or NIC cube housing indoors. You thinking for indoor or outdoor? I can post pictures of all my sheds tomorrow, if thats any use?

Ideally I would want an indoor bunny :) But would love to see what outdoor housing you have for giants :D x

Blue has a hutch in the utility room and freeranges during the day. He only gets shut in the kitchen when we are out.
Be has a rate and a pen in the spare bedroom. Be warned, if you decide to go the pen route, she can clear 5ft easily :shock:

Daisy has a bedroom, she's shut in the room overnight, but the door is open all day so that she and Jester can play on the landing too.

When i first got her I had a hutch and run setup in the living room:

hutch005.jpg
Daisynibblinghay.jpg

(baby Daisy :love:)

She very soon learned that she could leap over the 3.5ft run panels and I'd find her curled up on the sofa most mornings :lol: Freeranging 24hrs in the living room didn't work out very well as she ate the wallpaper, laminate floor, bits of the sofa, the doors :roll: so she moved upstairs when Jester arrived.

Back