• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues, how many buns are you expecting to have this christmas?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I know it will never be exact, but around about how many will be in your care over the christmas period.

There have been an awful lot of threads,on the number of bunnies being dumped, phonecalls to put pets into rescue.

I was just wondering how many would be enjoying christmas this year, rather than sat in a wet hutch forgotten about.

I believe we have around 50 in at the moment and are hoping to get around 10 reserved ones into their new homes before christmas.

gosh thats alot.what do you have do to be a fosterer?i couldnt do rabbits as i only have empty 4ft hutchs.would these be acceptable to foster guinea pigs in?

so sad :cry: But on the positive at least they are being well looked after by all the wonderful rescue-runners and foster parents, and given TLC. I feel sad for the ones that are being neglected, scared and lonely or about to be bought and later neglected or dumped. :cry::(:(

You all deserve medals.

so sad :cry: But on the positive at least they are being well looked after by all the wonderful rescue-runners and foster parents, and given TLC. I feel sad for the ones that are being neglected, scared and lonely or about to be bought and later neglected or dumped. :cry::(:(

You all deserve medals.

Couldn't agree more. It breaks my heart knowing that there are so many bunnies that may not be lucky enough to make it into rescue, with hopefully a chance of finding their forever home :cry:

All rescues & sanctuaries do an amazing job - they are absolute god sends :)

Couldn't agree more. It breaks my heart knowing that there are so many bunnies that may not be lucky enough to make it into rescue, with hopefully a chance of finding their forever home :cry:

All rescues & sanctuaries do an amazing job - they are absolute god sends :)

Agree with this, its so sad thinking about the bunnies not having the care they need who dont get to be rescued. I was so impressed with the work Fat Fluffs do, have taken in my first foster bunny, as want to do something to help. It frees up a space so some other poor bunny be rescued (and I get cute bunnies to pamper!)

Back