• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help The Rabbit Residence Rescue-RWA First Alert

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The Rabbit Residence Rescue http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/ needs to apply to South Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to stay open as it is situated in a residential area. A new application is required as the previous permission granted for the use of the land as a rabbit sanctuary expires on 5 January 2010. Without the permission, the "land [needs to be] restored to its former condition' with removal of "the rabbit runs, ancillary buildings and any works in association ....". The quotes are from the planning permission notice dated 30 December 2008.

There is no fixed time for permission to be given, however, the application should be made before the expiration date noted above with the revised notice hopefully given shortly thereafter. You can sign the petition online using the following link: http://www.petitiononline.com/rabbit10/petition.html.

I've signed. This rescue is fairly near to me and I was considering going there for a friend for Pipkin before I found Ruby. It would be a shame for it to close, it seems like a great place.

Signed - We adopted our little Minnie from here back in the Summer. I really hope Caroline gets permission to carry on, it seems so silly that she has to keep on reapplying.

I would really encourage everyone to sign this - Caroline runs an excellent rescue and has done under very difficult circumstances for many years. She applied for permanent planning permission a few years ago but the Council will only give her permission a year at a time. As you can imagine this must cause a lot of stress and expense, when it is hard enough to run a rescue at the best of times!

I'm sure Caroline would appreciate all your signatures, and of course, like all rescues, struggles to keep on top of expenses, so I'm sure all donations would be gratefully received too ;) She doesn't get a lot of time on the internet so is very reliant on volunteers and donations to help support her excellent work :)

Back