• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns refuse to go out!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

I usually put my girls out for a few hours in the garden - about 10am when its warmed up a bit. They love it when they are out - run about binkying etc - but its the getting there there that's the problem - even rattling their treat jar didn't work today.

If they dont go out - they go straight under the table and sleep and dont get any exercise at all all day - in fact they will happily snooze under table until evening time.

Am I being mean putting them out? I wont put them out in Winter but its quite nice today - with a bit of sun so I dont see the harm.

Thanks folks x x

If they seem to enjoy it when they are out then I would try to encourage them out, especially if they are lazy bums! lol

I dont put mine out anymore as we only have a small shaded patio so it doesnt get warm enough in Winter for them.

Sounds like they just want an easy snoozy life! I rushed home early from work on Friday to let mine out in the garden while it was still light (normally dark when i get home so they can't come out) and what happened?? They just sat in the run - how ungrateful!!!

Are yours indoor bunnies?? Maybe they're just too comfy?!

My house bun sits by the backdoor wanting to go back in. Maybe they feel its too cold. Bunnies are at the most active at night and maybe they just want to sleep when you put them out.

Please do remember as well that while the air might be warm, the ground will still be near freezing, so if they're used to nice warm indoor flooring, it could be a bit of a shock for their feet more than their body!

Mine sit at the back door as well - I have just let them in now and they are both under the coffee table - (giving me evils). They will stay there until tea time - and then come out about tea time demanding supper (they sure know when its 5pm).

Lucy is prone to being a bit cough "cuddly":oops: so I know they need their exercise.

They are just lazy - they love the comforts - spoilt brats! :lol::lol::lol:

Awww bless them :lol:

I think my Jester is getting a bit 'cuddly' too :oops: He does run around a lot upstairs with Daisy but they don't go out at the moment as it's too cold and wet here. I don't want him turning into too much of a porky piglet though ... have to do some bunny aerobics with them or something :lol:

if they really dont want to go out, get em a treat ball.. thatll work off the flab. Alvin and Pearl would throw thiers about for hours.. well until lazy boy realised Pearl could do all the work and he could hoover up the treats :roll:

im the opposite with mine now, i get really upset when Pearl runs about, im terrified her little heart cant take it :(

Louie goes out for a mad run around everyday, he sits and scrabbles at the back door til I let him out.

Some days he is out most of the day other days just for a few minutes, depends on his mood!

awwww :lol:

my rosie is a madam, she won't get a paw wet, damp or dirty, she comes to back door when i am cleaning out her litter tray and putting rubbish out, watches me but won't step a foot out incase it gets dirty :lol:

Back