• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a 1:2 trio work?

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I have a friend who has a friend (isn't it always the way) who is looking to be rid of a female bunny.

She bought it just before she was due to have a baby and now has little time to look after it. She's obviously done her research and what naught as it has a decent sized hutch and she's had it spayed as well but she just cannot spend the time needed to care for it properly.

I have a bonded pair that are spayed/neutered and I was wondering if it'd be horribly difficult to introduce another female to them. My girl is quite bossy though she doesn't bully my lad, it just seems to be when they have been seperated that it causes problems.

Is this a terrible idea or could it work think the RU masses?

Well given my heartache recently over bonding it might work, or it might not. You may end up like I have with 3 single bunnies!

Well, given that your female is the dominant in the pair, it may be a toughie adding another female, but you never know, it could work.

But be aware, as with Snowberry's experience, it could damage the bond between your buns :(

Having said that, I am adopting a female bun who is going to be (fingers crossed) bonded with my pair. But, my male is dominant, and with buns being polygamous by nature, it should (in theory) work (of course i may be eating my words come bonding time when i'm ripping my hair out :lol:)

Anyway, whatever your decision - good luck :)

I guess I can't risk it breaking the bond between my two, looks like we'll just need to keep looking for another home for this rabbit.:(

Back