• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you give your vets gifts?

Do you send your vets gifts at this time of year?

• Yes they are worth so much more than token gifts though

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • no, why bother, I pay their fees, that should be thanks enough

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
If so what do you give?

After all the trouble of previous vet, I really want to show my appreciation of my current vets. Cherry is a very lucky bunny, and dodged PTS twice so far this year.

eek! i was in bd today and never thought of gifts! does two hefty lumps of wax from matthew's right ear count?

Every vet I have,I have given chocs to share with the staff at Xmas.....Unless one of the nurses has been particularly helpful or shown kindness..ie,Lily went in for an Xray..I was terrified Lily wouldnt make the GA and the nurse was a real Gem,a bunny palace for Lily and genuine kindness to me..(I got myself a bit worked up,thinking awful thoughts)...The nurse got chocs...and so did the vet when we discovered Lilys spine....(it was a fluke) and my vet was really good....
Maybe Im just super soppy...:roll:
The vets I have had over the years,since 1986,have been gems.
(Think of James Herriot and Trickywoo the Dog...theyve all been auntys and uncles to my lot!!!!!!!!:oops::oops::shock:

How is lily?

The Lily Bun is currently living the life of luxury in my bedroom...sneezing every night I reckon just for sympathy!!
Ive changed her dinner to SS....shes doing much better thankyou and eating hay which is practically a miracle!! Her teeth are short for a while since her GA and planning to have the teeth out in the NY....her spinal problem isnt bothering her at the moment...1 yr old now!!!
Thanks for asking!!!

I occasionally give a personal gift ....when Ziggy had stasis my vet took him home with her overnight and nursed him,he didnt make it but she tried so hard and I was very grateful.

I shall be giving the surgery as a whole a tin of biccies or chocs for Christmas this year.

Yep i often take things in throughout the year as weel, i took in a big tin of biscuits a couple of weeks ago and took the dog his xmas pressie this week!

I normally get them chocs or shortbread but this year they are getting a rainbow rabbits calendar featuring eddie who they helped so much :)

Yep we'll be buying pressies for our vets & vet nurses - probably some wine I think, like we did last year.

They've been absolute godsends to us this year again & give us a great discount, as well as not charging consulting fees - so they deserve pressies :D

I usually get him and the nurses chocolate, but this year i am getting him a years subscription to RWA. My vet has been awesome this year.

No, but I've made a christmas card for the vet who PTS Sorrel, as I really appreciated how she handled it especially afterwards when she sent me this card.

Not as a regular thing. I have send them things randomly before, such as a huge box of chocs from Hotel Chocolat when they helped me get Charlie through EC a couple of years ago. Charlie lived with them for a week and was then a day patient for a week as I had to go to work and didn't want to leave him on his own - he got fuss and cuddles constantly, and they didn't charge me!

Not as a regular thing. I have send them things randomly before, such as a huge box of chocs from Hotel Chocolat when they helped me get Charlie through EC a couple of years ago. Charlie lived with them for a week and was then a day patient for a week as I had to go to work and didn't want to leave him on his own - he got fuss and cuddles constantly, and they didn't charge me!

wow, thats amazing service!!

I voted no as I wouldn't giv my vet anything, but depends on the vet, if they go above and beyond then deffo!

It would never occur to me to give my vet a present. I have paid a fortune to the surgery this year, and probably think I am more deserving of a little gift from them. :D It is a great surgery, and I've used it for 17 odd years now, but I think that my grateful thanks (at times) and continued use of their services should suffice....besides not only do they get paid well, but they have the personal rewards that comes with the job. I think if I'd had the sort of service that the poster above had, with no charge made for a lot of treatment, then I probably would consider getting a token item.

Ironically Ive never given my vets anything but I gave a box of chocs to Springlodge vets who took very good care of my Daisy when she went in to stasis when I was away on hols! She was at Sunnydays and Sarah-Janes mum took her in!

I get my vet a big bunch of flowers and I have got the nurses a bottle of bailys each this year

Back