• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping!

PTV

Alpha Buck
Timmy & Blossom are getting on great! Everything couldn't be better!

But now all Timmy wants to do is hump! He chases her all the time, we've been trying to stop him etc as we don't want her to get annoyed with him.

Anyone got any useful tips they use to stop it? He's constantly trying to mount her.

Assuming they're both neutered (sorry, I don't know the history) it's probably just them establishing who's dominant, and therefore the 'boss' of the new territory. I don't know if there is any reliable way to stop it, except through distraction.

They're both neutered.

At the moment we're sat in the lounge and they're both in here and he's still trying to hump her! :lol::evil:

The same happened when i had Ronnie and Lola bonded. They were fine when we were making small changes to their 'area' but when we gave them full access to the run he kept humping her :lol: :oops:

It should calm down within a day or 2... im sure she'll put him in his place if she doesnt want it ;) :lol:

We had the same with Lavender and Darwin, and then he stopped trying to hump her constantly and it was then just 4am - causing huge scuffles, but they are lovely with each other for the rest of the time So, I still separate them at night (just a mesh between them) and am waiting for hormones to calm down a bit more before I leave them together over night as poor Lavender was just getting too many bald patches!

Back