• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

at what stage do i trust them????

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
i started to bond yesterday. there was a bit of a scuffle at midnight and they were both petrified of something so i put them back into there separate hutches over night but got straight back to it this morning.

we have had a bit of fur pulling and humping. coco has groomed rexy a little bit but is still trying her luck at humping him, but he always manages to stop her.
they are circling each other still .. so i dont think she has accepted him as the boss just yet..

will it be ok to put them back in there hutch together tomorrow night if they are still doing the same kind of things.. there is no fighting at all..

also i have neutralised the hutches with watered down white vinigar and as it was a double stacked hutch the other half has now put an internal ladder so they can go up and down as they please, so i am thinking it will be like a new hutch to both of them....
what do you think????????????????????????????:wave:

I think your doing a really good job, I think you must go with your instincts as you can see how well they are getting on, Our 2 lived separtately but together for 2 weeks with short bonding sessions every day, they never actually faught but there was lots of fur pulling. On the day we thought that they would never start to really get on, they just did, once thar happened, we never split them up again and they have been perfect since

Good luck

I personally wouldn't know, because I've not bonded an uneutered girl to a neutered male before. Well done with the bonding so far! Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job!:wave:

hope tonight goes a bit better than last night, i really dont want to separate them again now.
i am putting a night light by them so it wont be so dark, see if that helps.x

Back