• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What could this be - Ribs sticking out, not moving, can't see out of eyes and bloated

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Someone on facebook posted something about her rabbit being poorly. I asked what was wrong, and she put - shes old, 6 and a half;( can feel her ribs but her stomach is bloated, hardly moves and can hardly see out of her eyes</3

Anyone got an idea on what it is? :(

Why would someone post that on FB rather than getting the poor Rabbit straight to a Vet :?

Some people are just silly Jane :cry:

I hope she is going to take it to a vet :( I have no idea, but poor bunny must be in so much pain if he/she is bloated :(

is this a long term thing or something that's come on suddenly? and what does she mean by "cant see out of eyes"? - are they weeping, or stuck shut, or is she just acting as if she can't see well?

The buns still alive, but she has some lovely comments :roll: 'neck it' and something about a rabbit stew recipe :(

Demi, have you done something constructive and pointed her here. Its very hard when we read about a rabbit who is suffering and its third hand and we cannot do anything.

But she's had two days!! :cry: poor thing. What if tomorrow is too late now, bah some people are beyond belief.:cry:

She was waiting to see if she would 'get better' :roll: Somehow I don't see a bloated rabbit with swollen eyes getting better without treatment

Back