• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally we're getting somewhere :)

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
So I'm at the xmas party, with my friend and a colleague and they are discussing horses. Conversation turns to me...
colleague: so are you not a horsey person?
me: (reluctantly given usual reactions) no, I'm a bunny girl myself!
colleague: oh really? do you have house rabbits?
me: (perking up a bit) oh yes, I totally adore him, blah blah
colleague: oh yes they're lovely aren't they
me: god I miss him so much...he's away for bonding at the moment...*begins to explain*
colleague: oh yes, I know, it's so tricky isn't it, we used to have guinea pigs, and people used to say "oh it's fine to put guinea pigs and rabbits together", how ridiculous!"
me: (thinking yay, the message is getting through) I know, it's ridiculous the things people believe to be facts, I mean...(gets interupted)
colleague: well I know! we used to breed them so....

:shock: I stopped listening after that. AAAAAARGH!! :shock::evil:

um...uhe said she *used* to breed guineas, so you stopped listening to her? Or was there more to it than that?

Plenty of people have made mistakes in the past, often due to being misinformed, it doesn't mean they're beneath your notice.

um...uhe said she *used* to breed guineas, so you stopped listening to her? Or was there more to it than that?

Plenty of people have made mistakes in the past, often due to being misinformed, it doesn't mean they're beneath your notice.

they only stopped because they got too busy and had better things to do!

Aww, thats a shame that they used to breed.... they sounded like a good person till they mentioned that :roll:

Oh well, there were good points.

At least they know piggies and buns dont go together...!

they only stopped because they got too busy and had better things to do!

At least they accepted that fact and didn't continue breeding when they didn't have time to care for them properly.

I know it's annoying when people say they breed or have bred animals, but it's very easy not to be aware of the amount of small animals in rescue. Think how many people on this forum weren't aware at first and either bred rabbit or bought from pet shops or both - would you condemn them all as bad people?

i am sick and tired of people saying "oh yes i used to breed bunnies and guineas" or i get "oh yes i used to race my greyhounds" wtf.. if your a bunny lover or a dog lover or an animal lover you DO NOT want to know who bred and who raced or whatever!

its so annoying :censored:

Back