• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding starting this evening....update.....all done

:wave: so far so good.
i have given them a fair bit of space , neutral of course, i have filled it with pipes , boxes , tunnels and wicker toys etc so there is plenty of distractions.

they were together with no major scuffles for 3 1/2 hours. a little chasing but nothing hardly, after 3 1/2 hours they started to hump- but only a few times.

they have shared a carrot and a bit of mashed banana off the same plate at the same time.

no grooming as yet , but plenty of eating and pooping so they cant be too unhappy,

will bed down with them for the evening and hope they carry on as well as they have so far
xx:wave:

had a slight HICCUP. in the middle of the night...................
something spooked them and they were running around really scared, so i put them back into their own hutches for the night to calm them down ..
straight back at it this morning:)
humping but no grooming....................... but best of all no fighting.
i think its going well. what do you all think????????????????????:roll:

have just shrunk there space by half seems as they are not fighting .... will see how they settle now..

:love::love::love:
cant believe it.
they are now husbun and wife.
it pretty much went without a hitch, i did it slightly different to what most people say.

i did it with a large space, millions of toys and distractions , the more used to each other they got the more i shrunk their space. it started friday night with a large space and i kept them together for 6 hours, then put them back in hutches over night,
then back to it saturday morning and over the course of the day shrunk their living space again, by the time bed time came there was only enough room for them to walk around their litter tray, i slept close by all night and they behaved like angels.
by this morning they were best mates:love::love:
so i put them back in their normal place and they are getting on like a house on fire, i'm so chuffed, its lovely to see them all snuggled up.
dont know what i was panicking about:lol::lol:
:love::love:

awww thats good! i should be bonding soon hopefully *fingers crossed* it goes as well as it has for you!

Back