• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what breed?

deja224

Alpha Buck
Hi we have these two girls have come in 6mths apart I wonder what breed they please meet sully and tilly
birthdayandbunnys020.jpg

birthdayandbunnys025.jpg

birthdayandbunnys059.jpg

birthdayandbunnys033.jpg

:wave: thank you

They're cross breeds, and stunning ones too :) They look like Harley with shorter thicker ears :p

I hardly ever see purebred rabbits. Because of back yard breeders and breeding accidents, all sorts of breeds are mish mashed together.

One of the parents will have been agouti (agouti is where each strand of fur has different rings of colours for example black, blue and brown). The other parent could of been any colour.

With one of the rabbits, his/her ears are quite short, rounded and well furred on the inside. The rabbit probably has a bit of netherland dwarf or lionhead in.

He he...! Same as my bun Tabby (RIP)

DSCF0058a.jpg

Someone once said she was a 'steenkojen' (sp) which was a 'stone rabbit' but I dont know.....!!

One of the parents will have been agouti (agouti is where each strand of fur has different rings of colours for example black, blue and brown). The other parent could of been any colour.in.

Aguti isn't a breed, and color rarely ever helps in deciding what breed a rabbit is due to the huge amount of breeds that come in nearly all bunny-colors. Aguti is also very common, due to it being a dominant strain and also the color of wild rabbits.

But those two look like mixbreds.
Chances are if it doesn't have a pedigree and/or comes from a serious breeder, its mixed.

Aguti isn't a breed, and color rarely ever helps in deciding what breed a rabbit is due to the huge amount of breeds that come in nearly all bunny-colors. Aguti is also very common, due to it being a dominant strain and also the color of wild rabbits.

But those two look like mixbreds.
Chances are if it doesn't have a pedigree and/or comes from a serious breeder, its mixed.

I did mean the colour :lol:

They are both girls! Just random they came from complety diffrent places and they look so alike! I thought Sully was a one off before Tilly turned up :)

They are both girls! Just random they came from complety diffrent places and they look so alike! I thought Sully was a one off before Tilly turned up :)

Oh how strange, they are likes peas in a pod! I thought they were sisters!
I don't know much about rabbit breeds but thir faces look similar shape to netherland dwarves?

Back