• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

merlin very sick..off to vet hospital in an hour

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
hes not eaten his pellets as much last two days but he was eating lots of hay....and id cleaned his tray out and he had pooped and weed..but suddenly it dawned on me that he hadnt drunk much either..and hed not buried his litter tray like he usually does in poops and hes eaten the hay but NONE of the pellets. This little bun is a right piggy so its a worry..he was free rnaging it night before last...had to keep him penned in as niki was the priority after the fiasco at the doctors yesterday.
today hes very quiet....and when i picked him up his ears were cold..not right for a house bun. theyve warmed a little but only a teeny bit. last rabbit i had with cold ears was poor bandit as he went into shock from the pain of bloat and had to be pts:cry:

i rang our vets shed left for the hospital..i rang the hospital..fully booked...wtf!! i have never had that prob they always fit in a sick bun.......:evil:

i got an appointment for 12.50pm and itll take over half an hour by taxi and itll cost me forty pounds....luckily i found my birthday moeny..spend it on myself..nah never was gonna happen was it.

i dunno i got two unbonded buns...one sick bun..my daughter a wreck thanks to our surgery not giving a toss about M.E and her...making her go there for her swine flu vaccine and through sitting up for more than 15 mins she collapsed out of her hweelchair and onto the floor.

i am at my wits end now....

please please send vibes for little merlin..hes a rosie rabbits bunny.....ive had him since july..hes a funny little fella and so norty...vibes for the wee nutter please.

Hopefully Debbie won't mind me updating this one.....

The vet was thinking it was his teeth because his jaw is so uneven :( They're going to put him under general anaesthetic but he's more at risk from it. They are going to syring feed him in the hope it helps pull him through.

Just had another update.....

Merlin has made it through the GA :D but the wear on his molars is pretty bad, the vet is now thinking his teeth aren't the only think making him ill and causing him to stop eating. They're keeping him over night and if anything changes they will ring Debbie

Poor Merlin :cry: Lots of vibes coming from me and my herd :love:

Thank you all..keep those vibes coming...pleez.

thanks hun for updating for me:wave:

my cat salem is upset and is following me all around the house cuddling me..hes missing merlin too:(

Its going to be a long sleepless night.......

his little face was full of fear and shock as they took him away...i felt guiltier than i did with bif last time.

Back