• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Indie (Guinea Pig) please!!

Nikki26

Mama Doe
Hi,

I need some vibes for my little Guinea Pig today. I found her this morning, with a very sore eye. I rushed her to the vet first thing and the vet said that the eye had come out of its socket and she had lost all use of it. So Indie is now waiting for an operation to remove her eye.

I checked on them at 9 last night and she was fine so I am shocked that this has happened so quickly. There is a possibility that Indie has a tumour so her long term prognosis might not be too good. She is only 2.

I am now sitting at work waiting for the phone call to tell me whether she has pulled through the operation :cry:

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have been running around trying to get everything sorted for Indie.

Indie pulled through her operation and is now home although feeling very sorry for herself. She has to stay away from my other two guinea pigs for 10 days so I have had to borrow an indoor cage and get it all set up for her. She is in my bedroom now so I can keep a close eye and have lots of cuddles!

I am not sure what happened to her eye. The vet thought that she either caught it on something in her cage - I have checked the cage and there is nothing sticking out at all, or that unfortunately she might have a tumour that has pushed the eye ball out. Will just have to keep a close eye on her now and keep an eye out (sorry for the pun!!) for any other symptoms.

Thanks for all the vibes. Have had a very worrying day as Indie has not produced any poos. I called the emergency vet this afternoon and was advised to wait until tonight and if there still werent any, I would have to bring her in.

But...I have just found one in her cage!! My sister thought I was mad for celebrating!

Fingers crossed that her tummy has got moving again and her recovery goes smoothly now!!

More vibes needed please

Unfortunately, I need some more vibes for my beautiful girl. I took her to the vets tonight as her wound is starting to smell and it turns out that she has managed to tear some of the stitches out and her wound is full of infection.

Indie is now booked in for another operation tomorrow to have her wound flushed out and restitched.

I am so worried that they wont get rid of the infection and it will return and that she will tear out her stitches again. :cry:

All vibes much appreciated as I am worried sick tonight. And if anyone has any ideas as to how to stop her scratching her eye again, I am all ears!!

Back