• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another one bites the dust....

Pie

Warren Veteran
Pie has eaten through more of OH's sound system wires :?
He's spent thousands on his computer, xbox, PS3 & sound system set up. He's got them all linked up to one another. And she has just gone straight through the wires for his sub and surround sound speakers....

I thought spaying was supposed to calm them down!? Help!! :roll:

Lola is a swine for phone chargers! She will even go in my bag and root them out and scoff them - :censored::censored:

Buy more wires! Thats what Ive had to do, then Sophie (the main culprit) went to live outside, where she is much happier.

Could you not cordone it off with NIC? Or wire protectors from IKEA/b&q.

Oops. I warned my O/H that any wires, shoes or other chewable items left at bunny level wre done so at his own risk, he didnt learn though and one night he suddenly jumped up and went down the side of the sofa and one by one produced pieces of his phone charger, it had been bitten into 6 pieces, on top of that, his laptop charger is now ust one mass of green and yellow tape where he has to keep repairing it. Why does he never learn :D:D:D

We had a lovely sound system...once. We have lost lots of stuff due to our lovely little girl :roll:

We now have every single wire downstairs covered with wire protectors, or just blocked off with units etc.

I have also warned my OH that anything he leaves out is fair game to Biscuit. If he wants it safe, he has to put it safe. Didn't save his rucksack :lol: but at least now it is his own fault!

We had a lovely sound system...once. We have lost lots of stuff due to our lovely little girl :roll:

We now have every single wire downstairs covered with wire protectors, or just blocked off with units etc.

I have also warned my OH that anything he leaves out is fair game to Biscuit. If he wants it safe, he has to put it safe. Didn't save his rucksack :lol: but at least now it is his own fault!

My daughter threw a massive strop when Lola ate her I Pod ear phones - but she did leave them on the floor - Lola has a built in radar for anything like that - like a pig sniffing out truffles!

:lol::lol: bless ya neutering doesnt stop what come natrual to a bunny, which is to chew, you really have to watch the little blighters,

sorry i shouldnt laff but it happens to most of us

needless to say my 4 indoors have only chewed through 3 sets of wires and i think ive cracked it,

2 are in a room with no wires in anyway

the other 2 ive set the room up so the wires are only in one part of the room and fort knoxed it

We are in the process of de-bunnying the place, I only moved in last week so still a bit to do. Most is done though (apart from the computer of all things!)

But she has figured out how to get out of her pen (first jumping over it, now by lifting it off the floor would you believe!) and can squeeze through a 2 inch space to get behind the computer. We will be sorting that out tonight. She just does it so quickly! I only went downstairs to get the mail. Lol

When one of mine buns chewed through my O/H's speaker cabels, I took them to a garage that installs sound systems in cars and they fixed them for me :D

My daughter threw a massive strop when Lola ate her I Pod ear phones - but she did leave them on the floor - Lola has a built in radar for anything like that - like a pig sniffing out truffles!

my son was the same, he never keeps his room tidy, so when he wanted a former foster bun of mine jim in his room , he chewed through a ds cable, i got a new one 24 hours laters he did it again, my sons moning bout how jim chewed and im like well i did warn you, you dont keep them hidden they will get nibbled, i think the treat of if it happens again im not buying any more cables worked

My beautiful boy smudgebun had a real penchant for wires, but he didn't just chew through them, he would eat several inches of them, :censored: My OH had some expensive flight simulator stuff set up once, I banned him to the spare room, warned him to shut the door as smudge was free range, but he forgot, much to his peril (trashed about £600 pounds worth of equipment:oops:.) Smudge actually ate some of the wires, the amazing thing is it was live and not on a transformer :oops: I still don't know how we didn't end up with fried bunster, he didn't even have so much as a burn or singed whiskers!! It didn't stop him either, he would go for anything electrical, our xmas lights still bear the scars, even though he passed over the rainbow bridge 3 years ago.

matthew and tabby escaped one night - they ate all the wires from the sound system and dug a hole in the new carpet, which was the most expensive thing i've ever bought for the house. they ate wires from the computer (but only minor ones) and shredded wallpaper all over the place. and left marks of ownership everywhere! it was a long time ago, and i might be moving towards forgiving them. ;)

Daisy and Jester ate through a section of floorboard in their bedroom a few months ago and somehow managed to drag out a portion of wiring and disconnected the house alarm :shock:

The irony is it had been going off a few times over a couple of days and I couldn't figure out why, and each time it did I had to run upstairs and check the buns weren't too frightened (they kept stamping when it went off) and give them cuddles and treats.

I didn't realise it was them all along until I found a small bit of wire on the floor, searched the room and finally lifted up the carpet to discover a floorboard hole and a load of wiring pulled through :roll:

Daisy and Jester ate through a section of floorboard in their bedroom a few months ago and somehow managed to drag out a portion of wiring and disconnected the house alarm :shock:

The irony is it had been going off a few times over a couple of days and I couldn't figure out why, and each time it did I had to run upstairs and check the buns weren't too frightened (they kept stamping when it went off) and give them cuddles and treats.

I didn't realise it was them all along until I found a small bit of wire on the floor, searched the room and finally lifted up the carpet to discover a floorboard hole and a load of wiring pulled through :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ohhhhhh sorry but that funny

" quick quick the alarms gone off again wait mommie will gives us nom noms, if she dont chew a bit more"

I'm sorry but I couldn't help laughing at all the bunny mishaps!

Fundamentally I agree that bunnies instinct is to chew "round things" =cables, perhaps cos they're like roots. But I've a sneaky suspicion that some of them enjoy "winding us up". It's protection & exclusion, & be prepared for a battle of wits.

My bun? He just confines himself to telephone wires & internet cable, & only when he feels I've "been attached to the wall" for too long. (Attention seeking behaviour.) He's bloomin' devious too!

I'm sorry but I couldn't help laughing at all the bunny mishaps!

Fundamentally I agree that bunnies instinct is to chew "round things" =cables, perhaps cos they're like roots. But I've a sneaky suspicion that some of them enjoy "winding us up". It's protection & exclusion, & be prepared for a battle of wits.

My bun? He just confines himself to telephone wires & internet cable, & only when he feels I've "been attached to the wall" for too long. (Attention seeking behaviour.) He's bloomin' devious too!

Absolutely! Bisc does it to wind Andy up I have no doubt, or to show off. It is hilarious, because when she does something naughty or is eating her poop she stares straight at him (sorry, I have said that before). She knows it annoys him/freaks him out. I love it!

She also pulls all of his XBox games out of the holder and throws them around on the floor.

She is good as gold for me ;):D

Back