• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any photos of moulting Rexes?

KB

Mama Doe
Calling all RUers owned by Rex rabbits!
My gorgeous Gilbert is moulting & as he's my 1st Rex I haven't had experience with the way they moult. There are not so many here & they seldom end up in rescues but Gilbie did which was where I met him, luckily for me. His wifeybun Parsley is a Californian & her moult is in full swing too but is the usual tufty, messy, fluff everywhere affair that I'm used to. Gilbie seems to have a distinct pattern with demarcation lines & 3 distinct fur lengths.
He's otherwise fine after being a little grumpy when he 1st started moulting.
Any hints or pics gratefully accepted. I'm not really worried..... more seeking reassurance that what I'm seeing is the norm.
Thanks

Zac
001-42.jpg

007-34.jpg

Esther
Picture2420.jpg

:D

Zac:love:

I don't have any pics, but the first time my Bridge bunny Chocolate moulted, I had her to the vets:oops:

Thanks Jacks Jane :) had a feeling you'd come up trumps.
Gilbert is looking very similar to Zac but his demarcation lines are in different places, he's the same colour too which helped heaps.
My mind is at rest.:p

Zac:love:

I don't have any pics, but the first time my Bridge bunny Chocolate moulted, I had her to the vets:oops:
Oops!
Decided I'd put it out there to the power of RU, rather than worry for too long, you guys have all the answers!
Actually another question same subject though - how long will it take? My other regular furred buns have fairly quick moults.

Last edited:
Back