• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a rabbit be suitable in this situation?...

mumble

New Kit
Hi there,
I've always loved rabbits. I have a guinea pig currently and some fish... unfortunately I broke up with my boyfriend, so for the first time I shall be living on my own in a small apartment, I'd like some form of companionship (not a person... just a pet) and would just like to hear from rabbit owners if they would be suitable for this?

Thanks

Hi there,
I've always loved rabbits. I have a guinea pig currently and some fish... unfortunately I broke up with my boyfriend, so for the first time I shall be living on my own in a small apartment, I'd like some form of companionship (not a person... just a pet) and would just like to hear from rabbit owners if they would be suitable for this?

Thanks

Depends how long you are out during the day really, if you are out longer than 4 hrs then you should get a bonded pair so they have company while you are out, you also need space and most importantly - DO NOT PUT THE BUNS WITH THE GUINEA PIG!! Ever....! Not even for a 'play' and dont feed them the same food, gpigs need vit C and buns do not!

Hope you do have room for a pair, there is a rescue in the Bristol area that is closing down and you could really help them :D

Good luck

I think rabbits are good companians but were would you Guinea pig be because they arnt ment to mix so i have heard correct me if im wrong.. :) Rabbits are great companions in my oppinion... :) xx

I have a neutered male piggie and 3 female piggies, they make a lovely little group. It is great to see them interact.

Rabswood

Bunnies are the best companions....if you don't like mess....then get a cat!:lol::lol:

Thanks for the replies guys.
I've decided to get a rabbit for now... once I move.
Then possibly once I'm settled another guinea pig to go with Pixel.

Back