• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow doesn't love me :o(

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
He runs away whenever i go to stroke him or go near him, yet he'll happily sit there and let the OH stroke him :(

What am i doing wrong???

Do you approach him differently than your OH? Do you go after him to try and stroke him? Maybe try starting with some yummy snacks in your hand, like some fresh greens!
I had a bun who was the same way until I got him a ladybun.

He runs away whenever i go to stroke him or go near him, yet he'll happily sit there and let the OH stroke him :(

What am i doing wrong???

Some bunnies only bond with one person... Dixie wont let me pick her up, she scratches me and everything but she will sit with Dan and groom him :?

I know how you feel - unloved :( xXx

Do you approach him differently than your OH? Do you go after him to try and stroke him? Maybe try starting with some yummy snacks in your hand, like some fresh greens!
I had a bun who was the same way until I got him a ladybun.

He comes to me if i shake the treat tub :roll: and i try and stroke him while he's eating the treats but he just moves away with the treat in his mouth

I usually just sit here and he comes up to have a sniff and be nosy, but even if i try to stroke when he comes to me, he still runs away :(

On the rare occasions that he does let me stroke him, im not sure he's even enjoying it cos as soon as i stop he runs away, whereas Jose nudges me as if to say "What you stopped for???"

Some bunnies only bond with one person... Dixie wont let me pick her up, she scratches me and everything but she will sit with Dan and groom him :?

I know how you feel - unloved :( xXx

I do feel unloved :( How pathetic does that sounds - i'm sad cos my rabbit doesnt love me :oops:

I always thought that Jose liked me more than the OH cos i was the one who fed them, but maybe not, maybe they've just got different "favourites"

Timmy used to be besotted with me and would groom me and jump up onto my lap! However, Blossom runs away from me and Paul, but when my sister comes around with the kids, she's all over them and climbing on the back of the sofa to get to them :lol: and they don't even live here :roll::lol:

...so i kinda know how you feel!

Um.you haven't upset him have you, like taken him to the vets, taken away something from him, told him off or (in his opinion) displeased him? My girl can throw a complete tantrum if i've annoyed her and won't come near me for a few hours but will be fine with the OH:lol:

All three of my buns prefere my OH to me. I think the main reason is its me who invades their territory with a sweeping brush every day, its me that picks them up for health checks, clips their nails and brushes out their knots. And its always me that puts them in the carrier and takes them to the vets. They associate me with things they are not fond of!

My OH on the other hand always has treats and doesnt do any of the nasty things I do!

Um.you haven't upset him have you, like taken him to the vets, taken away something from him, told him off or (in his opinion) displeased him? My girl can throw a complete tantrum if i've annoyed her and won't come near me for a few hours but will be fine with the OH:lol:

The only thing it could be is that i have to pick him to bring him downstairs for a run and he HATES being picked up. If i dont pick him up and physically bring him down, he'd quite happily just stay in the bunny room - even with the door open so that he could come down as he pleases :roll:

Gah...bunnies!! I currently have Ruby on my lap....where Ted, my baby should be!!!

Just give him time....and milk the Jose love!!!!

The only thing it could be is that i have to pick him to bring him downstairs for a run and he HATES being picked up. If i dont pick him up and physically bring him down, he'd quite happily just stay in the bunny room - even with the door open so that he could come down as he pleases :roll:

Awwwh bless him :love: Thats probably what it is :) Us women have the horrible side of the bunny care, my OH is always giving the fenugreek crunchies while im the one who has to do the nasty things :(

Ive uploaded new pics on facebook... have you seen??? ;)

Gah...bunnies!! I currently have Ruby on my lap....where Ted, my baby should be!!!

Just give him time....and milk the Jose love!!!!

Jose is currently sitting on my shoulder licking my hair as I type :roll::lol:

][[[[[[,0.....; - And that was Rainbow walking across the keyboard :lol:

He'll turn around to the idea! I can't tell you where Ted is, but Roobs, who never leaves his side, is floperated on top of me!!

....Ted is my baby...who never leaves my side!!

Awwwh bless him :love: Thats probably what it is :) Us women have the horrible side of the bunny care, my OH is always giving the fenugreek crunchies while im the one who has to do the nasty things :(

Ive uploaded new pics on facebook... have you seen??? ;)

Now Becky, do i REALLY want to look? Or is it just teasing me :lol:

Maybe try getting him to go into a pet carrier rather than picking him up..?
I know those of mine that hate being picked up won't come near me for a while after I've picked them up.

Maybe try getting him to go into a pet carrier rather than picking him up..?
I know those of mine that hate being picked up won't come near me for a while after I've picked them up.

This is a really good idea, its how we move our buns from one place to another

Back