PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Cages?

scatter
03-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi I'm looking to buy a new indoor cage. I have two indoor cages at the moment - one of which is huge and a slightly smaller one. My two are in them separately at night, as my female (Poppy) hasn't been spayed yet and is very territorial about it. However, my male (Charlie) bites on the cage bars, which worries me because I don't want him to damage his teeth. It is not because he is 'caged' all the time as most of the time they are running around the living room or dining room, or sometimes in an outside run, but at night they go into these indoor cages (he also has plenty of things to chew). Can anybody recommend a good one which may be anti-chew proof!!?:D

Stator
04-12-2009, 12:33 AM
A lot of people use dog crates instead as a lot of the ones sold for rabbits are very small, but most pet shops sell big dog crates instead :)

biscandmatt1
04-12-2009, 01:14 AM
the largest cage on the market is the trixie 150 one....about 5ft x 2ft 1 ish...and it is way too small. could you get dog crates or use nic cubes to make attached runs round the cages you have now and leave the cages open?

willowholly
04-12-2009, 11:14 AM
If they are only in them at night I wouldn't worry too much about the size[within reason].My frenchie got on fine in a cage that people wouldn't approve of over night.As long as they have loads & loads of free time.Its only until shes spayed anyway isn't it?If it was going to be for ever then thats another matter but if its a few months solution then im sure your cages will be just fine over night.:)

scatter
04-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestions - yes I'm hoping it is only until Poppy is spayed all being well!