• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental/Bond Question

crackerz

Alpha Buck
I rushed Catkin to the vet this morning as he had not been well last night. He was hunched up and hardly moved this morning and looked in pain. He has had lots of ongoing dental problems in the past. Luckily our favourite, rabbit savvy vet was in. He checked Catters over and decided that seeing as he was going to be the vet doing surgeries this morning, he would remove Cat's front teeth.

We have tried alot of different things in the past for Catkin and decided after the last dental, if things did not improve, he would remove the said teeth.

I know this has been covered before somewhere on the forum, but I am all over the place with worry. (I have been pacing the house waiting to hear from the vets.) Catkin is bonded with Molly and Daz. I left the other 2 at home as I guessed that might have to keep him in today. When I pick him up from the vets do I put him straight back in with the others? I am worried about their bond but I am also worried about Catkin as he will be feeling rough.

Sorry for the rambling post, I have no-one here to talk this through with.

Could you maybe take the other two with you to pick him up and then bring them all home together in the same carrier? It is important to keep an eye on Catkin and make sure he is eating and pooping but some buns when they are in close bonds can pine for their friends and it actually doesn't benefit them being apart?

Back