• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed for indoor run

Nicole+Alex

Warren Scout
Hi, we have just moved house and would like to make an indoor run attached all the time to our hutch.

We are going to put a cat flap in the door of the hutch so that our 2 house bunnies can get more space when I'm at work. Our builder is going to make it like a kind of picket fence attached to their cage.

What wood do you suggest we use. Pine might get eaten? Is there any safe paint or stain we can use?

Thank you.

Can you not just give them acces to a whole room while you are out? The minimum size run you would need would be 6ft x 4ft which isn't a lot smaller than most peoples box rooms :wave:

I worry they'd get into trouble. Lots of potential hazards. There cage is 5' the run would be about another 7' down one side of a wall. It's a big kitchen!

Ok. But lots of people who have house rabbits let them have a whole room and bunny proof it removing all hazards and covering all wires and things they don't want to be chewed :wave:

I agree, but we want them to be with us in the kitchen. They also hate being picked up so it's hard to take them to a spare bedroom.

This is my set up at the moment, until I bond them

2qx6nmq.jpg

20u8vvq.jpg

Hope that gives you some ideas

It's just plain old 2 by 3 from B&Q cost about £3. Fudge does not chew it but Ellie does. So I've turned the panels around so the wood is in Fudge's cage and I also use a spray which she does not like the taste off to stop her from biting. I suppose you could finish the wire mesh on the underneath that way they would be no wood to chew (on the bottom anyway which is the only place she chews it)

Back