• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long haired bunnies

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Do you brush the underneath of your bunnies feet? Bungle has had matts on the bottom of his feet since he cam here and I have just spend ages trying to get rid of them. He has alot of fur around his feed and underneath I would imagin the matts in the middle of his feet would be uncomfortable for him to be standing on.

Bungle hates it to but being a cashmere he needs brushing every day. He makes the most pathetic squeeks when you pick him up!

OMG dont touch his feet! thats what we say in this house anyway :) My buns hate there feet being touched, a bit like me :)

OMG dont touch his feet! thats what we say in this house anyway :) My buns hate there feet being touched, a bit like me :)

He really needs the matts getting off from underneath his feet though!!! He also needs his nails clipping soon!

I have been putting off Strawberrys nail clipping for weeks but it really needs doing now. Strawberry hates it and I also end up looking like I have tried to paint the toe nails of a tiger!

Yep, had to do Jez's when he first came. I do Flash's quite a lot because they get filthy, and the other buns feet I do often :)

I have had to do some of mine before and they are not really that long haired, the matted bits must be really uncomfortable.

I have 4 cashmire rabbits and yes, unfortunately they do need the base of their feet groomed as they have long hair there too! The secret is to keep in top of it. The bottom of their feet were a horrible mess of lumps when they first arrived which must have been very uncomfortable but slowly I managed to get the hair teased out and now it is no trouble.

orrrr if you have those bird type claw clippers ive found them great for snipping the knots a little a a time without snipping there skin which i was always worried about

I use the electric clippers on Mr Bean's fluffy feet :)
I use the 'thinning' setting so as not to actually shave all the fur off, just thin it out

Thanks guys. I have managed to use some nail clippers to trim the bottoms of his feet and he is now flopped out pulling a very unimpressed face! lol

In the summer will he need his fur clipping or will he be ok to stay long haired as he will be living inside where its cooler.

Do you brush the underneath of your bunnies feet? Bungle has had matts on the bottom of his feet since he cam here and I have just spend ages trying to get rid of them. He has alot of fur around his feed and underneath I would imagin the matts in the middle of his feet would be uncomfortable for him to be standing on.

yes I do, I use a cat brush for it (not sure what they are called)

I cut the matts off Eddie's feet but not to close to his feet just to make sure they keep a good covering of fur :)

Oohhh, is it ok to clip rabbits? My Barley has a right fuzz issue going on. I brush him as much as I can but he has that rediculous fly-away fur and all it takes is for him to sit in the rain for ten minutes and he looks like a cloud again. :shock: He gets matted really quickly and now the days are shorter I'm finding less and less time to groom him properly. :roll:

Back