• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do buns have 'off' days??

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Oreo has seemed a bit 'off' the last few days - i cant explain it, he is eating, pooing as usual, likes his run around in the evening - is his own mischievious self jumping about but when in his cage he is :(

I have started a new bag of hay - could that be it? He thumped as soon as I put it in there and he has just sat under his tunnel ever since - Sooty is merrily eating it though??

Might not be that at all - he just seems down? but he doesnt seem ill...

Do buns get the winter blues too :cry:

When I get home from work I bring each of my bunnies in for a couple of hours for a heat and exercise, however Sammy (white bun) comes goes right upstairs and slobs out under the bed. He's quite happy lying under there but the past couple of days when I've brought him down stair he's been acting scared off us....................but he is only acting, he knows when he gets brought downstair that this is the first sign of going back outside soon:)

A woman I know (who is a vet nurse) says rabbits are stupid............they are very very the opposite :)

I think they can have sulky or hyper days for (IMO) no reason:lol: Amber seems to have mood swings occasionally but as you say health wise she's fine.

Mine definetly have 'off' days. I wonder whether the weather affects them, particularly at the moment when one days its freezing and the next day warm and wet.

Pie is definatly acting up more.
Yesterday she actually growled and lunged for my hand, which she never does and she has been spayed for a couple of months now.
She seems more restless, especially with me. But as soon as OH comes home oh she goes as floppy as anything. :roll: Typical. LOL

Biscuit has days when she is almost unbearable! A real little misery.

Last night she growled at me three times before she would go to bed :roll: usually she is fine.

Drama Queen :lol:

Oreo has seemed a bit 'off' the last few days - i cant explain it, he is eating, pooing as usual, likes his run around in the evening - is his own mischievious self jumping about but when in his cage he is :(

I have started a new bag of hay - could that be it? He thumped as soon as I put it in there and he has just sat under his tunnel ever since - Sooty is merrily eating it though??

Might not be that at all - he just seems down? but he doesnt seem ill...

Do buns get the winter blues too :cry:

Beau seemed off for a few days but was eating pooin drinking weeing and overall acting like normal, then suddenly he had stasis, so I'd be very careful if I were you! :?

Back