• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yet another bonding thread

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Hello. :wave: I am sorry for another bonding thread lol.

I have had a look through the other threads but none really answer my questions.

I am adopting Ellie :) and i plan to bond her with my current bun Fiver (a neutrered male)

I just want to know about what i should do in preperation really. Do i take him along when i go to get her and introduce them in the car in a carry case on the way back or should i let her settle in first and then start bonding?

I've read up on bonding but there's conflicting info. Some people take weeks bonding bunnies and it seems like some just kinda put them together and hope for the best.

Could anybody just clear these few things up? I can ask the rescue for help but i know that the owner is currently going through a rough time so i don't want to bother her too much :)

I'd like to get a range of people's experiences and opinions also. I've never bonded bunnies before so im obviously nervous :shock:

When i wanted to bond milly with her son i asked amy (abbymarysmokey) to bond them for me it was quite a easy bond bit of humping off milly :roll: but that was about it i then decided to bond the next 2 myself which was harley and honey i just put harley in the carrier first then put honey in they did nothing but cuddle up to each other i put them in the hutch that night are from that day they were bonded.

I think you should bring fiver along as they say that they usually settle in the car i don't think you will have any problems with ellie bonding with fiver the only thing i would suggest is that you have a couple of spare bowls as she hate you taking her bowl or even trying to fill it with a scoop :lol:

When i wanted to bond milly with her son i asked amy (abbymarysmokey) to bond them for me it was quite a easy bond bit of humping off milly :roll: but that was about it i then decided to bond the next 2 myself which was harley and honey i just put harley in the carrier first then put honey in they did nothing but cuddle up to each other i put them in the hutch that night are from that day they were bonded.

I think you should bring fiver along as they say that they usually settle in the car i don't think you will have any problems with ellie bonding with fiver the only thing i would suggest is that you have a couple of spare bowls as she hate you taking her bowl or even trying to fill it with a scoop :lol:

haha yes i know :shock: Fiver is the same! you risk your hand everytime you feed him :p

ok then it's settled i will bring him along. i only have the one carrier and i shall put a harness on fiver and sit him on my kneee as he loves to be in the car lol. Then i shall put ellie in the carrier and then Fiver. Fiver is territorial which is why i'll let it smell of her first.

Is this a good idea? Should i take a spray bottle in case?

Yep that sounds like a plan i think they should get on fine though may be a bit of humping if he is territorial don't think there will be any problems though ellie doesn't really like the carrier and will thump her feet so don't worry to much. Are you fetching her from me or is someone bringing her down to you

we are going to organise somewhere to meet and if i can't get there they will bring her here. But i would rather meet the woman bringing her down somewhere to save her detouring too much and also so i have a chance to bond Fiver and Ellie hehe.

She sounds like a right madam :D I think Fiver and her will get along excellently in there little grumpy ways lmao.

Back