• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two up, two down, two the same

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
Had a job lot of bunnies at the vets for their vaccinations yesterday. Bizarre but true - one pair had both gained weight, one pair both had lost, and the other pair had both stayed the same. Can you guess which is which, and answers on a postcard as to why it may be :? Should add that vet wasn't worried about the weights of any of them in either direction :)

Harry & Heather:
DSC00205.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

Dudley & Santa:
DSC00268.jpg

30062006007.jpg

Henry & Matilda (up for adoption http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=204835 - please contact me if interested ;) )
DSC00699.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

Last edited:
I would say the Nethies have gained weight...Lops stayed the same and Henry and Matilda have lost :D

Always lovely to see pics of your lot, especially the nethies :love::love::love:

I would say the Nethies have gained weight...Lops stayed the same and Henry and Matilda have lost :D

You know them too well :lol: Question is why have the nethies gained :? I don't think I've been feeding them any more, I can't think of anything particularly that has changed, other than they don't get out on the lawn as often at the mo :? I think H&M have lost purely because they have much more space than they did before and no longer have a giant bowl of pellets to pig on all the time!

I knew it would be the newbies who had lost, no bun can stay overweight at Aunty Alison's fat bunny camp :D:D

It's great that Santa is putting on weight :)

Yep :) She's been very wheezy again so is back on ronaxan now, it's hard trying giving 1/6 of a tiny tablet to a wiggly bunny :? Metronidazole was easier as it was bigger and it disintegrated in water more easily. These ones are a right pain - I used to put them in a bit of banana but she's got wise to that now :lol:

Yep :) She's been very wheezy again so is back on ronaxan now, it's hard trying giving 1/6 of a tiny tablet to a wiggly bunny :? Metronidazole was easier as it was bigger and it disintegrated in water more easily. These ones are a right pain - I used to put them in a bit of banana but she's got wise to that now :lol:

Aw poor icikle Santa....you will have to think up new ways to fool her!

I just think its down to how much they exercise when its cold. Domino and Jelly have gained weight, and pebbles is the same. Pebbles is the only one to leave the shed no matter what the weather, where as domino and jelly just sit and snuggle inside.

Maybe because they are in pairs, they are sticking to what the other is doing, i.e sitting and snuggling?

I think you're right Sarah-Jane, every time I go to see the nethies at the mo,they're sitting in the top floor of their hutch behind the perspex screen, either soaking up the winter sunshine or snuggling down into the hay to watch the rain :lol:

I think you're right Sarah-Jane, every time I go to see the nethies at the mo,they're sitting in the top floor of their hutch behind the perspex screen, either soaking up the winter sunshine or snuggling down into the hay to watch the rain :lol:

:lol:

It makes sense. because pebbles is the only one whos claws i didnt need to trim, and who is the same weight. The other two have got podgy and needed their claws trimmed!

Pebbles just goes and plays by herself:lol:

You know them too well :lol: Question is why have the nethies gained :? I don't think I've been feeding them any more, I can't think of anything particularly that has changed, other than they don't get out on the lawn as often at the mo :? I think H&M have lost purely because they have much more space than they did before and no longer have a giant bowl of pellets to pig on all the time!

Funnily enough, my nethies seem to gain in the winter for no obvious reason, then lose it in the summer. Maybe genetic?

I can't help but notice that Dudley and Santa actually happen to belong in my house (because of their cute little faces), so you better hand them over :D *nods*

Funnily enough, my nethies seem to gain in the winter for no obvious reason, then lose it in the summer. Maybe genetic?

I can't help but notice that Dudley and Santa actually happen to belong in my house (because of their cute little faces), so you better hand them over :D *nods*

They are sooo cute! They stayed with me over Summer time for a weekend and they were SO well behaved, Santa takes her medicene like a little angel! :love:

:lol::lol: I reckon you'd soon give them back, Santa isn't a cheap bunny!

Sarah-Jane, sadly it's only the metacam that she takes nicely...anything else she turns into wiggly devil bunny!

:lol::lol: I reckon you'd soon give them back, Santa isn't a cheap bunny!

Sarah-Jane, sadly it's only the metacam that she takes nicely...anything else she turns into wiggly devil bunny!

Aw, what's expense when she has that face :D

I don't know Santa's story. What's wrong with her?

Typical classic cute faced nethie with advanced dental disease I'm afraid :( Her molar roots are up in her nasal cavity giving her permanent chronic snuffles. It comes and goes depending on how well the infection is under control and whether she has other irritations like pollen around.

But you're quite right, she is just :love:

:no: Naughty wiggly Santa! Sorry to hear she's still rough. I can quite believe she isn't a cheap bunny to run! :lol: Those piccies of Santa and Dudley are just gorgeous. :love:

Typical classic cute faced nethie with advanced dental disease I'm afraid :( Her molar roots are up in her nasal cavity giving her permanent chronic snuffles. It comes and goes depending on how well the infection is under control and whether she has other irritations like pollen around.

But you're quite right, she is just :love:

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I know how that goes too, but my buns do not have advanced problems yet-it's only as matter of time though (I have 9 with spurs, one with tooth root problems and 2 'pending' a dental-waiting for it to affect them before putting them under unnecessarily, and one of the two is too frail right now). She's very lucky to be with you, for sure. I still wouldn't say no though :lol:

...and yet she bounces back from anaesthetic like a 6 month old not a 6 year old...last time she was in, she had quite a lengthy GA for x-rays, nasal flushing and dental work, and she was up and crashing around in a temper before they'd even had a chance to ring me after the op :lol:

Back