• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We Think Felicity Has a Tumour -U/D 38-Too Good to be True :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Two days ago Felicity developed a mucky bum. Very, very unusual for her and not related to dietary changes. She was eating normally and passing hard faeces, although these were smaller than usual. On examination I noted some spurs on her lower left molars, but nothing major. However, I detected a hard mass in her mid abdomen. It did not feel like food/faeces. I was advised to treat her with Metacam, Metoclopromide and Ranitidine for 48 hours. We wanted to avoid stressing Felicity as stress sends her into respiratory distress, last time she nearly died :cry:

After 48 hours on treatment the mass remains unchanged and she is still getting a mucky bum every afternoon between 2pm and 4pm. Today Christobel confirmed my fears that the mass is most likely to be a tumour. She *thinks* it's attatched to a kidney :cry:

After much debate we have decided to just give paliative care. This is because of the fact that Felicity just cannot cope with the stress of diagnostics (bloods, abdominal U/S) or lots of hands on care. Yes, tests and surgery could be done but me and my Vet agree that in Felicity's case it would not be in her best interests. Please dont judge me for this decision, it has not been made lightly.

For now Felicity is 'ok within herself' although she gets very, very stressed by being cleaned up or given medication :cry: She also started mouth breathing in C's consulting room this morning :cry:
We are going to take things one day at a time. It may be that 'the decision' needs to be made sooner rather than later if Felicity's quality of life is severely effected by the stress paliative care causes her.

Felicity is very much on borrowed time

:cry: :cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for you that you're facing this with Felicity. I'm also sorry that Felicity has a mass of some sort, but I'm very glad for her that she has such a loving owner that you are going to do what is best for her, in that sense she is incredibly lucky.

Please keep us updated on how she does.

My best advice to you is to take lots and lots of pictures, and videos, if you can, and remember we are here should you need us :)

I am also so sorry to hear about Felicity. You have made the best possible decision for her, showing so much love and respect.
I hope that you both enjoy her remaining life to the full.

Sorry about Felicity, Jane :( At least you are in a position to make her remaining time as happy and comfortable as possible, she is one lucky bunny.

awww hun im sorry :(

i dont think i would put Pearl through loads of tests and stuff either. certain buns its seems cant cope with a routine vets visit so anything more is just awful for them.

i think you have come to the right decision as heartbreaking as it is xxxx

awww hun im sorry :(

i dont think i would put Pearl through loads of tests and stuff either. certain buns its seems cant cope with a routine vets visit so anything more is just awful for them.

i think you have come to the right decision as heartbreaking as it is xxxx

Thanks so much Donna
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is 'nothing' other than pain relief :cry:

At least Felicity has no idea of her problems atm

Poor Felicity. As others have said you know her best Jane and I know you will make the right decision for her.

Oh no, poor Felicity. :( I remember how stressful she found it last time she was poorly and it must be so hard to try to weight up the benefits of intervention with the stress it causes but I have no doubt that you will always act in Felicity's best interests.

I hope she gets to enjoy life for as long as possible. xxx

Thanks so much Donna
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is 'nothing' other than pain relief :cry:

At least Felicity has no idea of her problems atm

i hear you there :cry: hardest but can also be the kindest :love::love: she gets to enjoy her good days without loads of poking and prodding :D

while you get lots of sleepless nights and heartbreak.. bunnies they are certainly special little souls :?

Back