• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cosy bedding.

ninaannechalk

Young Bun
I have been looking at all of the pictures of your rabbits on here and some of them seem to be in cosy looking fury or soft beds that are tidy. Now in my previous experience I have got my buns a cosy fury bed or dog basket and cosy blanket but all he did was jump in poo and wee and scratch at it, do they always do this as the ones in the picture look like they snuggle down and there is never a sign of any poohs! :) I think what i am asking is if i get Mr Bunns a cosy soft bed will he always pee and poo in it first and scratch at it or do they sometimes just poo in their usual spot and keep this cosy nice bed for sleeping?? just dont want to waste money on something that will sit in our living room and stink of wee and poo all the time:? as lets face it you love then dearly but their pee does smell when they keep doing it in the same area:oops:

My Mr Buns has a cage in the kitchen that is open all day with hay and food and water and where he mostly poos he then has free roam of the house except the bedrooms (as he is coming into his own and started jumping on beds) he lounges in front room with us all the time , when i am at work he goes in office with daddy and usually retires mid afternoon behind the sofa for a snooze. At night around 11 we go to bed and he knows this is cage time so he runs, bu tthen he gives in and spends all night in his cage till 7 am....does this sound ok?...touch wood he does not seem to be a chewer but he does seem to think that our sofa is a toilet - thank god its leather and can be wiped easy.....funny thing is every morning without fail, he jumps out of his cage, has some veg and food then goes up into our ensuite (in th ecorner of our bedroom) and does lots of poo, only eve rin tis roomm so quite clever he goes int he bathroom maybe he thinks its a huge corner litter tray:D wow this was a long thread sorry got carried away. He is also going to be nut free after jan 15th so I will be looking for a Mrs Bunns too!

I will le tyou all go now - sorry to waffle on....xx:love:

I think it depends on the bunny. My two constantly ripped up their soft mattress bed until it had to be thrown away :roll: I bought them a new one recently and it's still just about ok, but Daisy grooms it to within an inch of its life most days :lol:

I guess all you can do is try it and see - maybe start with something cheap so if it does turn into a litter tray it won't be too much of a waste.

I'd love to see my two snuggled up in a soft, cosy bed like some of the buns on here ... but don't think it's very likely!

Good luck with finding a Mrs Bunns - have you looked on Rabbit Rehome and the Rabbits in Need section of this site :wave:

Yes I have - I love Amber who is witrh Starlight Rescue - I woudl love to take her in January when Mr Bunns has been seen too:shock: as she may or may not have been spayed and i do not wanthim to pester her or have any unwanted little ones as she has had four (?) litters already. I just want then to be happy and cosy together without too much stress of getting jiggy with it! so although I hope she finds a forever home, secretly i hope she doesnt until Jan so we can have her!!:love:

I love the giants though but I have two children ages 5 and 6 and woudl be a little frightened incase it was a bit nervous withthem, also Mr buns is a dwarf lop and I do not know if it is always better to pair with the same breed??

Thank you fo rthe advice I will do that and start with a cheap one as i feel he may think its a new porta loo:p

We bought our buns a wicker basket from the charity shop and put a towel in it. Think it only cost 20p. Then if they chew, it's not going to harm them or be expensive. Hope that helps:)

Back