• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 of my friends rabbits have been killed

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
My friend Susan phoned me tonight, all her rabbits were playing in their runs in the back garden (as normal) yesterday afternoon, she had taken the dogs a walk and her partner was sat on the step of the back door having a smoke when he heard all this scrabbling and a high pitched scream, he jumped up and ran round to the rabbits to be faced with 2 pit bull type dogs attacking the rabbits, he shouted and went to try and save the rabbits but the dogs looked like they were going to go for him but broke through the fence in a panic to get away. It is an absolute mystery as she has 6ft fences all the way around her garden and the only way the dogs could have got in is on the garage roof as their next door neighbours house is higher up than theirs but the dogs would still of needed a hand. After the dogs got out of the garden her partner ran to the front of the house and he couldn't see sight nor sound of the dogs:?.
My friend now has 5 rabbits left:( she is devastated to say the least and as brought all the rabbits and guinea pigs inside the house as she is frightened of them coming back:(.

OMG...how horrific:cry::cry::cry: I really don't know what to say but am sending heart healing vibes to your friend. So tragic.....:cry:

Binky free bunnies...

That is one of the worst stories I have ever heard. I am so sorry for your friend, thats so terrible. Please give her our sympathy.

Binky free at the bridge little bunnies, no one can hurt you now

My heart goes out to your friend, that is horrendous and if someone DID let those dogs in , well I cant describe what I'd like to do to them:censored:

What a terrible thing to happen, I am so very, very sorry for your friend. That is just awful. Sending :love: vibes to your friend. x x

One that survived lost both her partners and she is in a state of shock still at the moment:(.

OMG this is simply horrendous and I can't imagine what state your friend must be in. I am so sorry for her great loss and thinking of her. :(

Poor buns and how frightening for them :(:(:(

Huge hugs and thoughts for your friend and the buns that are left..

They must have been so frightened, poor little buns. Big hugs for your friend and lots of nose rubs for the buns. x x

Oh gosh, how awful. :cry::cry: If somebody did let them in it doesn't even bear thinking about.

OMG that is absolutely horrific poor little bunnies :cry: Somebody must know whose dogs they are! Did they call the police, surely the owners could be prosecuted somehow?

Those poor little rabbits,sleep tight beautiful babies.I hope the other bunnies get over their shock.Your friends are in my thoughts and prayers.
The police need to be informed to stop these out of control dogs doing this again

What a terrible thing to have happened!
My thought are with your friend and her buns.....i hope the remaining ones manage to get over what they have witnessed!

Back