• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would be best

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
What would be best to keep 2 mid sized bunnys in the house, would a dog crate be big enough, it will need to hold a courner litter tray as well??
Has anyone got any ideas at all.

I use NIC Grids and love them. If you search the forum you'll probably find a lot of info on them.

I dont really want nic cubes, i think my bunnys will escape from them. I need it to be 100% secure, Was thinking of a dog crate, would this be big enough?

I personally don't like to see bunnies shut in dog crates without a pen or something attached. What about using some sort of run? It would obviously have a secure lid and could be as big as you can fit in.

My two boys have a 48 inch dog crate with attached drop pin puppy pen with 7 sides which takes up half my room.

spent about 2 hours reading up on them, you have to do alot of secureing with cable ties and i dont fancy buliding them up, My bunny is quite heavy as well, I was thinking of the largest dog crate and putting a second level in.

Putting a level in does take away head height though, and if it's a big bunny wouldn really offer just a "perch" really rather than extra floor space. You could make something with puppy pen panels and make a roof? Or try one of the zooplus metal runs that already have a roof if it fits the space? I guess the advantage of NIC cubes is you can make them fit your available space, and build them high to prevent escapes :)

I dont really like the look of nic cubes, there is the option of a indoor hutch from happy hutch, would that be ok to paint?

I have seen someone's painted on here before, maybe order it untreated. I would definitely use lino or something on the floor though as wood will smell if it absorbs wee.

I have tried lots of indoor bunny housing, and can definitely say that puppy pens are the best. Any heavy housing like dog crates or indoor cages are a pain to clean behind, so you get a build up of dust and hay. A puppy pen is musch easier to move around, and much more versitile to fit into the space available

Back