• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trip to the vets - advice

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
I've booked both whiskey and boo in for their myxi jab - should they go in seperate carriers - or should I find one for two?

i think you should take them in one (if they can fit) so they can reasure each other :wave:

I presume they are properly bonded? If so definately take both together. I use a large cat carrier but my buns aren't huge, just 1.5kg - 2kg.

I would take them both in the same one if they are bonded. I use cat carriers too, large ones for my trios and my biggest bun and her bondmate, and smaller ones fcor my regular pairs (but mine are small bunnies mostly roughly 1.5kg). Maybe go to somewhere like Pets at Home and look at the carriers and see what they have. You don't want something too big, you want something they can both comfortably fit in but that doesn't give them too much more space.

i have cat carriers, the could both fit in but without moving?
they are dwarf lops and two together are quite heavy - thats whats worrying me

If it's a short journey they would be fine. If it's say 30 minutes I would want them to be able to turn around if they need to.

I use one of these, it's called a "clipper 2"
aran-1-rs.JPG

I have this one too. I think there is a max weight on it. When we took Blossom to the vets, we took Timmy too. The only difficulty was when Blossom was having her injection (for her eye infection), she didn't want to be held still and Timmy was jumping about everywhere :lol: so if you can take someone to help you hold the other one whilst you are holding the bun being injected would probably be a good idea :D

i squeezed both my big grown up buns into the same carrier they shared as babies. i'm going to have to buy a bigger one!

its only 10 mins away :? but I have no one to help me
I'll have a look at buying a new one at the weekend and test the weight - hope I can carry both :?

How heavy are your buns? I carry mine to the vets as I don't drive, they weigh about 6kg altogether.

I wouldn't carry them on a marathon :lol: but it's do-able for a short journey.

I have this one too. I think there is a max weight on it. When we took Blossom to the vets, we took Timmy too. The only difficulty was when Blossom was having her injection (for her eye infection), she didn't want to be held still and Timmy was jumping about everywhere :lol: so if you can take someone to help you hold the other one whilst you are holding the bun being injected would probably be a good idea :D

when I have two at the vets I just shut one in the carrier while the other is being dealt with :)

Back