• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ear shenanigans

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Skye has had upright ears since I got her but now at the age of 20 months she's decided one of them will be lopped most of the time :lol:

does this often happen :?

It can be an indication of a problem in that ear (if its the same ear that lops all the time), like ear mites or an infection. It would be worth getting it checked out, to be honest.

Harley decided to be a lop for a few days once, and he's about 2 years old :lol: His parents were lops though, so I don't blame him! :lol:

It can be an indication of a problem in that ear (if its the same ear that lops all the time), like ear mites or an infection. It would be worth getting it checked out, to be honest.

i was going to suggest the same too

What methods would the vets use to check for mites/ear infection - is it just a look down the ear with an otoscope or something more complicated?

Back