• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Dotty please... Update post 37

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Dixie and Dotty (rspca foster buns) were moved to my mums last week as i had some foster chin babies come in and basically my house is too small!

Anyway... they have been fighting the last few days... badly. Mum split them Sunday night, and i rebonded them yesterday in a neutral cage etc. They were sitting at opposite ends of the cage ignoring each other but last night all hell broke loose. Dotty has come off badly :cry:

She has whats known as a 'de-glove' on her front paw... her skin has literally been pulled foward and the bone and everything was showing. Shes been kept in today for it to all be sewn up :( Poor girl.

Thing is, i feel so guilty as i gave Dixie a good check over this morning, noticed a big cut on her tummy about 2 inches long. Its all healed and seems its a scratch. I checked Dotty but she was really struggling so mainly checked her tummy area and didnt notice her leg at first :cry:

These girls wont be rebonded now :( Going to call the vets about Dotty in about half hour xXx

Last edited:
Oh poor Dotty :(. I'm sending her lots of get-well-paw vibes.

At least she has you (and your Mum) to take care of her.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Oh no! That's heartbreaking, they looked so happy together in pictures a while ago.

Sending loads and loads of vibes for the very beautiful Dotty :love::love::love:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Oh no! That's heartbreaking, they looked so happy together in pictures a while ago.

Sending loads and loads of vibes for the very beautiful Dotty :love::love::love:

They were so happy, the only thing we can thing is the move caused it :( So sad. We cant risk them doing it when they go to a new home hence why they will have to be rehomed seperatly :cry:

How sad. They made such a lovely couple too. :cry: I hope Dotty will be ok. xx

ouch... sounds painful Becky :( They sound like typical girls in a playground though, don't they?!

Massive vibes for Dotty though xxxxxxx

Sorry for the late reply... ive been out.

Just to let you guys know Dotty is stable. I spoke to the vet on the phone, unfortunately he hasnt been able to sew it up as there wasnt enough 'fresh' skin there :? Shes being kept in overnight and we can collect her tomorrow morning all being well :)

The vet said she will need to be kept on blankets for 2 weeks and have metacam/baytril for 2 weeks... he mentioned something about needing there to be scar tissue? But i dunno what that was about, will ask again tomorrow.

Bless little Dotty :love:

Dotty is home :)

Hers here poorly leg :cry: It doesnt seem to be bothering her at the moment, shes eating a spring green leaf as we speak :)

S7001285.jpg

S7001283.jpg

Im sure this girl needs lots of healing vibes, it looks very sore :( xXx

Poor girl :cry:

Is she going to need a skin graft ?

I dont know Jane :? Nothing was said about one? He said something about needing to wait for a scar, or scar tissue??

It doesnt seem to be affecting her, shes hopping round as normal and is eating fine :) Shes grooming alot more than normal.

Im guessing theres a very high chance of infection??

Poor girl :( That looks very sore indeed.

Great to hear she's eating and hopping about ok :D

Loads more vibes for beautiful Dotty.

Back