• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ye Olde justice!!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I was trying to do some research for work on old lime kilns and stumbled across some old headlines from the 18th century!! Amongst hangings and deportations etc I found an interesting piece of justice...

March 26th 1794
William Plumb and Edward Hudson for stealing a rabbit of the warrens of Messrs Eagle and Robinson at Wangford, 6 months imprisonment in the house of correction.

:lol::lol: could you imagine the uproar if someone was sent to prison for stealing someones rabbit today!!

I know it's awful to laugh, but that is a little ridiculous.

If someone stole Biscuit though I'd hang 'em! Mwah haha!

Yes I know what you mean!!! how about this.....at the end of a description of another heinous crime from the same year!!

Sentenced to be executed this day at Bury with the body of John Nichols to be hung in chains near the spot where the act was perpetrated and the son Nathan to be dissected and anatomised. :shock::shock:

Yes I know what you mean!!! how about this.....at the end of a description of another heinous crime from the same year!!

Sentenced to be executed this day at Bury with the body of John Nichols to be hung in chains near the spot where the act was perpetrated and the son Nathan to be dissected and anatomised. :shock::shock:

Blimmin 'eck! :shock: What did Nathan do wrong?!

They battered someone to death with a shovel!!! So they deserved their fate! Bet the prisons weren't overcrowded in those days!!

Back