• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Artie's just had a check up x-ray (bladder sludge issues)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's five weeks since he had his bladder expressed.

His 'Auntie Frances' is really pleased with the x-ray and his progress :D:D:D

He's staying on the diuretic until after Christmas and Metacam until his next check up (mid-January). There is a possibility that the diuretic is helping a lot but if he does okay without it then he'll go without it, no big deal, apparently, if he has to stay on it (something I had been a little worried about).

I can't tell you how happy I am that he's doing so well - you could tell how happy it made FHB that his results were good, which is a really nice feeling that it means a lot to his vet :D

Oh, and readigrass is not badly high in calcium either - the nutrients by far outweight any possible (minor) issues with calcium :D So they've all been given a big handful of readigrass.

*does happy dance*

Yay, great news :D Well done Artie :D

Thank you.

He will need his bladder expressing under sedation at intervals and I think the next check up is really to decide how often he will need it doing. Six monthly seems a likely guess at the moment which doesn't sound too awful at all.

Brilliant news :D

Well done Auntie Frances :lol:

Thank you.

When I was in the waiting room there was a 'bunny lady' that I've seen nearly every time I have an appointment with FHB. It's fairly obvious she has loads of bunnies and often has a few with her, all the nurses know her and ask after individual bunnies, I know from previous conversations she travels down from Northumberland. I noticed today everybody was calling her 'Jane' :lol::lol: I think there is a parallel universe in the north and south of England :lol:

fantastic news :D:D:D:D:D

Especially that FHB has no great worries about longer term use of diuretic. When I asked she said only issue would be if he had heart failure at any time that it would be her first line of defense but not available if he was already on it, she had no other issue with him taking it over a more prolonged period.

When Pearl has diuretic is it Frusemide 20mg tablets? Artie has half a tablet twice a day. (Definitely makes him wee more, no doubt about it!!)

Especially that FHB has no great worries about longer term use of diuretic. When I asked she said only issue would be if he had heart failure at any time that it would be her first line of defense but not available if he was already on it, she had no other issue with him taking it over a more prolonged period.

When Pearl has diuretic is it Frusemide 20mg tablets? Artie has half a tablet twice a day. (Definitely makes him wee more, no doubt about it!!)

its a liquid 1ml a day havent looked at the strength and i can really tell if shes peeing more because she always peed a lot anyhows :lol:

just looked it says 20mg/5ml then says 150ml x 14 which means nothing to me :? it has somehow been measured for about a months worth @ 1ml a day

ahhhh 3 tablets of 20MG were used to make the syrup.. just looked at the invoice lol

Last edited:
its a liquid 1ml a day havent looked at the strength and i can really tell if shes peeing more because she always peed a lot anyhows :lol:

just looked it says 20mg/5ml then says 150ml x 14 which means nothing to me :? it has somehow been measured for about a months worth @ 1ml a day

:? I think you'd need medical knowledge to get your head round that :?

Art has always peed loads as well, I've wondered if it's nature's way of trying to flush his bladder because of it's deformity, right from him being young. His litter tray is wetter than the pair sharing a tray (too much info at this point me thinks!!):oops::oops:

:? I think you'd need medical knowledge to get your head round that :?

Art has always peed loads as well, I've wondered if it's nature's way of trying to flush his bladder because of it's deformity, right from him being young. His litter tray is wetter than the pair sharing a tray (too much info at this point me thinks!!):oops::oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: nope not too much.. its great news hun i can see why excitement would lead you into telling us more detail than usual..

im so happy for you both....

leaves me to wonder why pearl is on such a low dose... i cant help but think the nurses mixed it wrongly into 28 days instead of 14 like the vet possibly orginally wanted :?:?:? why the x14 arrrggghhh

Back