• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

multi sex groups of rabbits - does it work?

pooks

Warren Scout
Hi

I currently have a male and female neutered pair of bunnies but would love to have one or two more. However, I'm aware that it may not be so straightforward. What sex(es) would you suggest I get? How would i introduce? Any other advice?

Is it even advisable or should i just stick to my happy pair?

Thanks

It very much depends on the rabbits. All would need to be vaccs neutered etc and any introductions would need to be done on neutral territory. I have a group of three two girls and a boy which used to be two boys and two girls and there are lot sof different combinations owned by various people on here.

Are you looking to get more rabbits? If so I would suggest going to a rescue as they can suggest rabbits that might be suitable and will usually bond for you. Pairs are often harder to home than singles too so you would be helping from that point of view. Whereabouts are you we could suggest rescues to try. Having said that if you see buns further away bun runs can always be organised

Back