• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I wish they made square snugglesafes.UD called Snugglesafe.

As the title says really...

I used to put 2 snugglesafes under some towels and hay for Eric and Ernie, but they just dig it all up now, as I think it is uncomfortable for them.
I put both the Snuggle safes in the hutch last night, but because they are round it makes an uneven surface under their carpet tiles.

DOes anyone know if square ones exist? At least they woudl, make a flat platform.

Last edited:
That's an awesome idea! Patent it, and then approach the Snugglesafe company or something.

That's an awesome idea! Patent it, and then approach the Snugglesafe company or something.

I wouldn't know where to start, but round seems such a ridiculous shape to make.
The buns don't like their bed being uneven! At least square ones will fit next to each other.

Actually it's the same problem with the Ice pods.

You just need to find a patent lawyer and patent the idea. i have filed for a patent this year and it was really easy although mine wa sthrough work so I'm not sure how you would go about it on your own.

I think Snugglesafes are primarily intended to be for cats (or at least used to be - there was a picture of a cat on it back when I bought it and no mention of use for other small animals) cats can lie in the most uncomfortable-looking positions and probably don't care or can curl up in a little ball around it :lol:

I would prefer a square shape too, maybe you could write to Snugglesafe about it? There may be practical issues such as even-heating in the corners of the square or some other reason why it may not be possible, but you can always ask them :wave:

Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the microwave. They seem to be sized and shaped so they perfectly fit in all microwaves. It would be nice for them to be bigger or square, but I don't know how you would heat them in that case :?

Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the microwave. They seem to be sized and shaped so they perfectly fit in all microwaves. It would be nice for them to be bigger or square, but I don't know how you would heat them in that case :?

I have just phoned Snugglesafe and yes, the reason they are round is so they fit in a mcirowave! The man said it would also be very expensive to get all the machines set up to make them............

BUT>......

My friend now works for a company that manufactures the "Igloo" cat carrier (I think that's what it's called:oops::oops:) and he is going to look into it.

http://www.igloocats.com/igloo/

It might just mean, they are a bit smaller, so they do fit in the microwave.

I also thought, maybe one could be produced that you could fill with boiling water! (perhaps?)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
that's a great idea :wave:

i don't mind rosie's round one as she is soo tiny, and it perfect fit for her tiny round basket

I have just phoned Snugglesafe and yes, the reason they are round is so they fit in a mcirowave! The man said it would also be very expensive to get all the machines set up to make them............

BUT>......

My friend now works for a company that manufactures the "Igloo" cat carrier (I think that's what it's called:oops::oops:) and he is going to look into it.

http://www.igloocats.com/igloo/

It might just mean, they are a bit smaller, so they do fit in the microwave.

I also thought, maybe one could be produced that you could fill with boiling water! (perhaps?)

Any thoughts?

problem with filling with wwater is teh chance it could split or pop and pet get scolded causing multi sue ing of the company and the risk is high....although hot water bottles for humans so maybe not a a bad idea?! i would like one which is much bigger as i have large buns who cannot fit on one snuggle safe...how that could be done i dont know maybe a foldable one? x

problem with filling with wwater is teh chance it could split or pop and pet get scolded causing multi sue ing of the company and the risk is high....although hot water bottles for humans so maybe not a a bad idea?! i would like one which is much bigger as i have large buns who cannot fit on one snuggle safe...how that could be done i dont know maybe a foldable one? x

Keep the ideas coming, becasue I will pass them all onto my friend.

I'm wondering if there is a way to recreate the 'heat' packs you get for humans with sports injuries...I know some of them you crush them or twist them or something and they heat themselves for 12 or so hours :?

Ideally I'd like ones that were manufactured to the sizes of some of the most popular hutch floors so you'd have an even spread of heat across the floor

I'm wondering if there is a way to recreate the 'heat' packs you get for humans with sports injuries...I know some of them you crush them or twist them or something and they heat themselves for 12 or so hours :?

Ideally I'd like ones that were manufactured to the sizes of some of the most popular hutch floors so you'd have an even spread of heat across the floor

I would worry about those getting chewed and bursting.

The easy solution is to put the heatpad under something that conducts heat. Eg get a very shallow wooden box (the height of a snugglesafe) and turn it upside down over the pad. Hey presto level bed :) The plastic dog beds that are slightly raised would work too.

Because they conduct the heat, one snugglesafe should gentle warm an area probably twice its size.

If you want to cover a whole hutch floor you'd be best with underfloor heating.

The easy solution is to put the heatpad under something that conducts heat. Eg get a very shallow wooden box (the height of a snugglesafe) and turn it upside down over the pad. Hey presto level bed :) The plastic dog beds that are slightly raised would work too.

Because they conduct the heat, one snugglesafe should gentle warm an area probably twice its size.

If you want to cover a whole hutch floor you'd be best with underfloor heating.

Yes I was thinking make a board or something that the snigglesafes fit into.....

mmmmmmmmmm Keep them coming and I will pass onto my friend.

Good idea!! Can you re-use something like this though or is it just the once?

Maybe I'm a wicked mum, but do bunnies really need heated floors and ginormous snugglesafes? My two aren't really fussed with the small snugglesafe - last winter I popped it in the middle of a huge pile of hay in the hutch, so it was a fairly flat surface, but they still sat out in the run most of the time. :lol:

Back